No announcement yet.

Are boxing fans happy with 2nd best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are boxing fans happy with 2nd best?

so gents, we are getting mayweather vs cotto at super welterweight i hear, and its looking like we are getting pacquiao vs bradley at welterweight i presume.

mayweather vs cotto is not a bad fight. it would have been a mega fight 3 and a half years ago, but personally, i class this a step below, a super fight.

the odds are 1/6 for a mayweather win. and 4/1 for cotto to win. (skybet)

there isnt any odds up yet for pacquiao vs bradley but i presume it will be similarish odds to the above.

but still, im highly disgruntled at the fact the mega fight is STILL not happening.

so, are boxing fans going to accept these fights and support them? Or are boxing fans going to say no, enough is enough. we want mayweather vs pacquiao?

I don't give a shit about them fighting anymore ... I still believe that fight will never happen, but I could be wrong.

Comment

At this point, i dont care. If the fight happens it happens, but until then, im going to enjoy everything as it is. And as it is, we have a great fight in cotto and mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
        so gents, we are getting mayweather vs cotto at super welterweight i hear, and its looking like we are getting pacquiao vs bradley at welterweight i presume.

mayweather vs cotto is not a bad fight. it would have been a mega fight 3 and a half years ago, but personally, i class this a step below, a super fight.

the odds are 1/6 for a mayweather win. and 4/1 for cotto to win. (skybet)

there isnt any odds up yet for pacquiao vs bradley but i presume it will be similarish odds to the above.

but still, im highly disgruntled at the fact the mega fight is STILL not happening.

so, are boxing fans going to accept these fights and support them? Or are boxing fans going to say no, enough is enough. we want mayweather vs pacquiao?
        most people will say im not gonna but these fights etc but the ppv numbers 4 both will b massive

Comment

The Mayweather/Pacquiaco situation is a complete joke, and I can understand your idea for a boycott. But I've been waiting for Floyd to fight Cotto for like 5 years, so I'm definitely watching.

Comment

Originally posted by changuito242 View Post
            The Mayweather/Pacquiaco situation is a complete joke, and I can understand your idea for a boycott. But I've been waiting for Floyd to fight Cotto for like 5 years, so I'm definitely watching.
            yeah like i say, its it still a good fight, but it is still 2nd best.

im not telling people to boycott btw, just want to see what people think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              At this point, i dont care. If the fight happens it happens, but until then, im going to enjoy everything as it is. And as it is, we have a great fight in cotto and mayweather.
              Quoted for truth, I am past the optimistic phase of May/Pac ever coming to play and have accepted the reality that may never scrap...

No worries though, there are plenty of fighters who will fill the void...

Comment

im interested in both PBF-Cotto and PAC-Bradley fights

not saying that both will be super competitive but at least im interested in seeing those 'alternatives'

beats PBF-JMM or PAC-Shane

Comment

I'm just happy Pac-Cotto II isn't going down, that would've been a shocking mockery of the sport and a pointless money grab (and would've made me a ghost). Pac-Bradley is a GREAT fight, B+/A- level. Bradley is everything that the haters have been saying Manny has avoided his whole career- skilled/'slick', young, prime, undefeated... BLACK (African-American as opposed to just African living in America like Clottey, apparently there's a difference when it comes to boxing). Honestly, the only negative anyone can say about Tim is that he's not that well known to the general public. But as Boxing fans... why would we give a flying **** about that? That's Bob Arum's problem.

Floyd-Cotto is about 4-5 years too late, but still a solid fight. The fact that it's happening at 154 makes it interesting at least.

Not the fights we wanted, but can't really hate on either alternative we've been given. I realized a LONG time ago it wasn't going to happen so no skin off my back. Time to move on from the fantasy fights and focus on the real ones, great fight weekend coming up as a nice lead in to my Giants stomping out the Patriots again

Comment

Working...
                  X