Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner is Ready: Ricky Burns Will Get Burned!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner is Ready: Ricky Burns Will Get Burned!

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City - WBC lightweight champion Adrien Broner (26-0, 22 KOs) is hungry to get WBO king Ricky Burns (35-2, 10KOs) in a unification clash. Burns is scheduled for a unification fight with IBF champion Miguel Vazquez on March 16th in London.

On Saturday night in Atlantic City, Broner made short work of Burns' countryman, Gavin Rees (37-2-1, 19 KOs), with a fifth round TKO victory.

After the Rees match was over, Broner called for a fight with Burns. If the match doesn't happen, then Broner plans to move up to the junior welterweight division. [Click Here To Read More]

Ricky who? I thought Broner didn't know who Burns or Vazquez were about a few hours ago.
    Burns, Vazquez, and Abril are all fights that won't make Broner look good even if he wins. I'd be surprised if he stopped any of them. They are tall and rangy with above average defense. Burns and Vazquez have good chins too but I haven't seen enough of Abril to say how good his chin is although he doesn't look like the kind of fighter that gets hit flush a lot.

Comment

burns and and rees are not countrymen big mistake

Comment

shake em bake em cook em eat em

Comment

I think Broner will fight Peterson, if he moves up.

Comment

It's the last legit money fight to be had for Broner at 135.

Would be fun to see if Burns gets by Vazquez, Broner beats Burns, setting up a nationalistic shit-fest when Broner moves up to 140 to fight...

Amir Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              It's the last legit money fight to be had for Broner at 135.

Would be fun to see if Burns gets by Vazquez, Broner beats Burns, setting up a nationalistic shit-fest when Broner moves up to 140 to fight...

Amir Khan.
              Burns is Scottish, rees is welsh and khan is english, that would be like saying bute, Andrade and ward are from the same country

Comment

Burn's has some skills, size and speed. Enough to beat Broner? Not for me, but Rees was outmatched from the beginning, I seen him fight and he is rubbish. Burn's has a chance if he beats Vasquez.

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
                  Burns is Scottish, rees is welsh and khan is english, that would be like saying bute, Andrade and ward are from the same country
                  In some ways, there is the British thing going on though. They may be from different countries but America sees it as British rather than individual states.

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
                    I never implied that they were.

But thanks for playing.

Comment

Working...
                    X