No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Rigondeaux Sparring Hard, Fully Focus on Ramos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Rigondeaux Sparring Hard, Fully Focus on Ramos

Super bantamweight Guillermo “The Jackal” Rigondeaux has continued to train hard at the The Heavyweight Factory GYM in Hollywood, Florida. Rigondeaux is preparing for his fight with WBA champion Rico Ramos on January 20th. Gary Hyde, Rigondeaux’s manager, is negotiating a March fight Alexander Bakhtin in Moscow, Russia. The Cuban star has been sparring with his countryman Hairon “El Maja” Socarrás. Rigondeaux is fully focused on Ramos at the moment, and he's not even thinking about the potential fight with Bakhtin.

[Click Here To Read More]

This guy is underrated... future top 10 p4p guy right here

Comment

I hope the fight between Rigo and Ramos finally goes off as planned. I'm looking forward to it. I don't know who Bakhtin is, the guy they're trying to schedule as "El Chacal's" next opponent. Anyone have any information on him?

On another note, it's awesome to see Hairon Socarrás sparring with the likes of Rigondeaux. Hairon is just 18 years old. He can learn a whole lot from Guillermo and his trainer, Ismael Salas.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        I hope the fight between Rigo and Ramos finally goes off as planned. I'm looking forward to it. I don't know who Bakhtin is, the guy they're trying to schedule as "El Chacal's" next opponent. Anyone have any information on him?

On another note, it's awesome to see Hairon Socarrás sparring with the likes of Rigondeaux. Hairon is just 18 years old. He can learn a whole lot from Guillermo and his trainer, Ismael Salas.

Bakhtin is a Russian & was an amateur stand out, a superb amateur that has spent most of his pro career in Japan. Technically he is very good, no real weaknesses apart from he is feather fisted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayseen View Post
          This guy is underrated... future top 10 p4p guy right here
          without a doubt . .. . my favorite new fighter. . love watching this guy. . . WAR EL CHACAL!!!

he's at 122 now, by the end of 2012 he'll be a featherweight champ. . . first two-three quarters 2013 he'll clean house @ FW, make a quick stop at 130 to win a strap in the final quarter, and 2014 is the year he takes over lightweight. . . maybe push it back a year or two, but that's his path. . .

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
            Bakhtin is a Russian & was an amateur stand out, a superb amateur that has spent most of his pro career in Japan. Technically he is very good, no real weaknesses apart from he is feather fisted.
            Thanks! Bakhtin sounds interesting, although being feather-fisted doesn't seem very promising for his career...or against Rigondeaux.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
              without a doubt . .. . my favorite new fighter. . love watching this guy. . . WAR EL CHACAL!!!

he's at 122 now, by the end of 2012 he'll be a featherweight champ. . . first two-three quarters 2013 he'll clean house @ FW, make a quick stop at 130 to win a strap in the final quarter, and 2014 is the year he takes over lightweight. . . maybe push it back a year or two, but that's his path. . .
              I dunno...Rigo is pretty short. Boxrec has him listed at 5'4 1/2". Like Gamboa, it's hard to see him being at his best over 130. I can definitely see him being a force at 126, though.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                I dunno...Rigo is pretty short. Boxrec has him listed at 5'4 1/2". Like Gamboa, it's hard to see him being at his best over 130. I can definitely see him being a force at 126, though.
                This should be a good fight, even though Rigondeaux has less than 10 fights and Ramos is champ, Ramos seems more green.

An impresive performance could also set up fights against Nishioka and Donaire next year.

Comment

Best footwork in boxing hands down baby, cant wait to see him dust off Ramos

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    This should be a good fight, even though Rigondeaux has less than 10 fights and Ramos is champ, Ramos seems more green.

An impresive performance could also set up fights against Nishioka and Donaire next year.
                    I agree, Rigo seems more polished than Ramos. No surprise, considering that he's one of the greatest amateur fighters of all time. Nonetheless, although Guillermo is tremendously talented, he's still growing into the pro game. I haven't seen Nishioka in action, but Nonito is a major step up. Even with major talent, is it advisable to have Rigo go into a fight with Donaire after so few pro fights?

Comment

Working...
                    X