Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF Why is Chagaev vs Povetkin for the WBA belt when Wlad just won it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF Why is Chagaev vs Povetkin for the WBA belt when Wlad just won it?

I am so confused, and after watching ringside's review of this years boxing season, heard that Chagaev vs Povetkin is for the WBA belt. I then checked the WBA site and found the belt is Vacant?

So what the hell did Klitschko win vs Haye? It is probably me making a silly mistake but can someone clear it up for me?

someone reply please?

Comment

Klitschko won the "Super" WBA belt, Chagaev vs Povetkin is for the regular belt. It's just the WBA being corrupt, pieces of **** as usual.

Comment

Boxrec says the Haye fight was for the WBA SUPER world title, but Haye did have the WBA WORLD title, strange.

Comment

They made him a "Super" Champ. Basically all the alphabet commissions were like "fine FU just take this belt and you are super, now leave us alone and let us charge fee's for the regular belt"

Basically they all acknowledge that Wlad is #1 and dont even bother to deny it, they just gave him a super-duper belt and are letting others fight for the Regular HW belt.

Kinda like, yea yea you the best now step aside so 2 other boxers not as good as you can fight for our belt so they can pay us the fee.

They all know that he is best in world and dont even try to hustle him for mandatory, just call him the best and try to pretend he isnt there.

UNIFIED CHAMPION:
          WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO UKR

World Champion: V A C A N T
          Won Title:
          Last Mandatory:
          Last Defense:
          WBC:VITALY KLITSCHKO- IBF:WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO
          WBO: WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO
          1. RUSLAN CHAGAEV (OC) UZB
          2. ALEXANDER POVETKIN RUS
          3. DENNIS BOYTSOV RUS
          4. HASIM RAHMAN USA
          5. DAVID HAYE U.K.
          6. ALEXANDER USTINOV (EBA) RUS
          7. ALEXANDER DIMITRENKO UKR
          8. JEAN MARC MORMECK (WBA INT) FRA
          9. ROBERT HELENIUS (WBA I/C) FIN
          10. CHRIS ARREOLA USA
          11. KALI MEEHAN AUS
          12. MANUEL CHARR LEB
          13. NICOLAY VALUEV RUS
          14. CEDRIC BOSWELL (NABA) USA
          15. LUIS ORTIZ (LAC) CUB

Comment

The WBA wants to have as many beltholders as possible, because the more titleholders, the more sanctioning fees $$$ they receive.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, none of this surprises me, its all about the dollar for these people.

Comment

Hypothetically, if Wlad fights the winner of the regular WBA belt and wins.. would he have 2 WBA belts?? Would they just make up another belt for someone else to win???

Comment

Originally posted by pherber12 View Post
                  Hypothetically, if Wlad fights the winner of the regular WBA belt and wins.. would he have 2 WBA belts?? Would they just make up another belt for someone else to win???
                  They would just declare the belt vacant again, probably. What I wonder is, what if Vitali fights the regular WBA champion and beats him, do we have 2 super champion? The WBA silliness is mind boggling.

Comment

Originally posted by pherber12 View Post
                    Wlad would then be

WBA Super Duper Champion

and

WBA Super Champion

Comment

Working...
                    X