Collapse
No announcement yet.

How well known is Tony Pep amongs fan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How well known is Tony Pep amongs fan?

His my boxing coach and his a great guy and an amazing teacher/sparring partner as well as a big fan of Hector Camacho and Tommy hearns himself.

That being said, He doesnt really go in to detail about his own career. I am kind of curios to know how he was perceived during his active days and how do view tony pep in general?

Also sparring with him, I can say that, dude has an amazing footwork, great lead hand and a very accurate right!

I saw him in Denmark against Racheed Lawal (RIP) back in the day. Pep was a surprise and gave the homeboy all he could handle. I think Pep lost a close decision.

Lawal spoke fondly and in admiration about Pep long after the fight. Mentioning him as one of the best if not the best fighter he ever met.

Comment

hardcore fans quite well, i remember he fought some big names and held the ibo if not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Box"K"ing View Post
        His my boxing coach and his a great guy and an amazing teacher/sparring partner as well as a big fan of Hector Camacho and Tommy hearns himself.

That being said, He doesnt really go in to detail about his own career. I am kind of curios to know how he was perceived during his active days and how do view tony pep in general?

Also sparring with him, I can say that, dude has an amazing footwork, great lead hand and a very accurate right!
        I was living in Canada then and remember him well. He was enormously tall and held the Canadian feather title. He had a pretty decent career and early in his career looked as if he was oignt to be good. HeI think he laterw on the lightweight title.. fought a few very good fighters, to all of whom he lost, although he held up OK. Had most of his fights in Canada. I remember thinking he might have been related to Willie Pep, but wasn't.

Comment

Whoever he is I know with certainty that he would lose to Pacquiao.

Comment

not known with casuals, but well known with lovers of the game, no doubt...

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Pinas View Post
              Whoever he is I know with certainty that he would lose to Pacquiao.

I give you til the end of the weekend til you are banned. alt loser kid, get a life!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                I give you til the end of the weekend til you are banned. alt loser kid, get a life!
                You say that because you know he would lose to the p4p king.

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Pinas View Post
                  You say that because you know he would lose to the p4p king.

he already did. i think floyd beat him in, what, 1998 or whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                    he already did. i think floyd beat him in, what, 1998 or whatever?
                    If floyd beat him than manny would beat him faster and better.

Comment

Working...
                    X