Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the better boxing trainer, Manny Steward or Teddy Atlas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the better boxing trainer, Manny Steward or Teddy Atlas?

Who do the fighters like working with more? Who's had the best results? Who's better for the fighters' confidence?
    Teddy
    11.69%
    Manny
    84.42%
    equal
    3.90%

confidence it has to go to Teddy. Nothing but great things to say about the man and it is showing favoritism because i know him personally. I never been in to Manny Steward as much cant take nothing away from him either. But Teddy gets my vote.

Comment

Hard to say, honestly.

I don't really like either one as a boxing commentator though, I'll tell you that much.

Comment

they are both over rated,these men have trained between them probably thousands of fighters and only have had a handful of champions,trainers are not the ones to throw a shot and take a shot they just give water in between the rounds and dry off the sweat from the boxers brow

Comment

Stewards has Hearns to his name so I gotta go with him.

Comment

Manny Steward is MUCH better than Teddy Atlas both as a boxing trainer and a boxing analyst/commentator.

And Steward is a much nicer guy, and unlike Atlas, he's mentally stable. I can't imagine Steward going to Donny Lalonde's or any boxer's house with a gun like Atlas did.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
              Who do the fighters like working with more? Who's had the best results? Who's better for the fighters' confidence?
              i pick steward, but steward consistently gets the better fighters in his stable.

Comment

Steward, by far.

He was a great trainer.

Atlas made his name as a trainer more so for coaching for the camera and his his dramatic antics.

His one shining moment came when he allegedly "willed and inspired" Moorer to the HW title, but if you actually watch the fight in full, you'll see Moorer not even listen to him. Lampley even commented "Moorer is going to get another scorching in the corner from Teddy" because he went out there and slept-walked more, after Teddy pleaded with him. Moorer was cautious after getting dropped in round 2.

Atlas has a lot of knowledge and could probably be very effective in terms of helping design strategy, but he seems to enjoy being this psuedo-psychologist instead. His motivation tactics don't seem to work much either. Moorer showed more fire with other trainers in the corner, so did Briggs, and Grant for that matter too.
                Last edited by Thread Stealer; 10-09-2009, 03:14 PM.

Comment

what thread stealer said

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                    Steward, by far.

He was a great trainer.

Atlas made his name as a trainer more so for coaching for the camera and his his dramatic antics.

His one shining moment came when he allegedly "willed and inspired" Moorer to the HW title, but if you actually watch the fight in full, you'll see Moorer not even listen to him. Lampley even commented "Moorer is going to get another scorching in the corner from Teddy" because he went out there and slept-walked more, after Teddy pleaded with him. Moorer was cautious after getting dropped in round 2.

Atlas has a lot of knowledge and could probably be very effective in terms of helping design strategy, but he seems to enjoy being this psuedo-psychologist instead. His motivation tactics don't seem to work much either. Moorer showed more fire with other trainers in the corner, so did Briggs, and Grant for that matter too.
                    Excellent post.

Comment

Working...
                    X