No announcement yet.

Our iceman trained bad chad dawson?? when? iceman tell me about it!! whoo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R I Z O View Post
    I've always been a huge fan of Chad, even pre-Adamek. I feel he's the real deal, more steak than sizzle. Props to you man for developing his jab, etc, it's a shame you don't train him anymore.

On a side note, I made a thread asking you a question, check it out if you can.
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=214598
    FYI, I just answered your question on that thread. I do think I would like to have been still training him -I HAVE NO DOUBTS he would be where he is right now if we were still together- but that's the way boxing goes. It's THAT type of sport (business)

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
      FYI, I just answered your question on that thread. I do think I would like to have been still training him -I HAVE NO DOUBTS he would be where he is right now if we were still together- but that's the way boxing goes. It's THAT type of sport (business)
      Thanks John.

Who do you think is Dawson's biggest threat at this time?

Comment

You know, when Chad is on his game like the other night..focused and determined..I don't see anyone who would realistically be able to outpoint him. Johnson had his chance, VERY close fight, but I think after this past Saturday, that ship has sailed
        Last edited by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY; 10-13-2008, 10:34 AM.

Comment

your heRE. MAY AS WELL TELL US SOME INSIDE STORIES? DAWSON STORIES?

Comment

I don't see anyone in his division who can eclipse him at this point. Would love to see JC challenge him if he wins against RJJ but I don't want to see Rjj fight him at all. I think that Chad has star talent but not star personality. How can he put together a big name rep for himself to make his fights more star attracting events. he is such a humble and regular guy. Gonna me hard to market him in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by pr20 View Post
              I don't see anyone in his division who can eclipse him at this point. Would love to see JC challenge him if he wins against RJJ but I don't want to see Rjj fight him at all. I think that Chad has star talent but not star personality. How can he put together a big name rep for himself to make his fights more star attracting events. he is such a humble and regular guy. Gonna me hard to market him in this sport.
              You are absolutely correct.

Did you notice how he seemed uncomfortable and out of character when he was talking **** back to Tarver?

Comment

When I trained Chad not too long ago he was still very quiet...compared to them he is now out of control LOL When he was a kid he and his two brothers were known for the fact that they were VERY quiet kids

Comment

great insight Iceman...thanks for addressing the Qs

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                    great insight Iceman...thanks for addressing the Qs
                    No problem, Maka, I am always in and out of this board, ask anything you want whenever and if I can answer it I will

Comment

ice youre on wikipedia dude. how was melvin "top gun" foster as a amateur? tell me???

Iceman John Scully
                      From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Former world ranked professional light heavyweight "Iceman" John Scully (b. July 28, 1967) graduated from Windsor (Connecticut) High School in 1985. He began boxing in 1982 and enjoyed an excellent amateur career that saw him win numerous championships at middleweight (165 pounds) including the 1987 Ohio State Fair (Columbus, Ohio), the 1987 National PAL (Jacksonville, Florida) and the 1988 Eastern U.S. Olympic Trials (Fayetville, North Carolina).
                      Defeated World 165 pound Amateur Champion Darin Allen to win the Eastern Trials, future heavyweight contender Melvin Foster to win the Ohio Fair and nationally rated Kertis Mingo at the National PAL. Scully won "Outstanding Boxer Awards" at both the 1987 Western Mass. Golden Gloves and the 1988 Eastern U.S. Olympic Trials tournaments.

In February of 1988 the 5 foot 10 inch boxer was named to the All-Time team (in the middleweight spot) for the WM Golden Gloves in Holyoke, Massachusetts, joining fellow stand outs Mike Tyson (heavyweight) and Marlon Starling (honorable mention at welterweight)

Turned professional in 1988 and finished his career in 2001 with an impressive 38-11 record (21 knockouts). Fought for the International Boxing Federation world light heavyweight championship at Leipzig, Germany in 1996, losing a 12 round decision to unbeaten champion Henry Maske. Scully also lost a disputed and controversial 12 round decision on ESPN (December 8, 1995) to two-time world champion Michael Nunn.

Significant victories include a ten round decision over Art Baylis (On Prime TV Network), an eight round decision over former #1 ranked amateur (156 lbs) Alphonso Bailey (On USA's Tuesday Night Fights), a ten round decision over WBC International 154 pound champion Billy Bridges (on ESPN) and a second round stoppage over former IBO 168 pound world champion Willie Ball.

Scully also frequently served as a sparring partner for some of the biggest names in the sport, including the likes of highly regarded world champions Vinny Pazienza, Roy Jones Jr. and James "Lights Out" Toney.

Made a smooth transition to being a professional trainer in 2003 and excelled there, too, guiding three of his boxers to world championships (Liz Mueller, Jose Antonio Rivera and Mike Oliver). Scully has also had a hand in the professional training of notable boxers Pito Cardona, Matt Godfrey, Ray Olivera, Scott Pemberton, Lawrence Clay-Bey and Matt Remillard. Also trained several standout amateurs at the same time he pursued his own career, including 1997 National Junior Olympic Champion Sammy Vega, 1995 Ohio State Fair Champion Greg Cuyler, 1998 National PAL Champion Dwayne Hairston and 2000 U.S. Armed Forces Champion Orlando Cordova. Currently trains five-time regional Golden Gloves Champion Joseph "Chip" Perez.

Also is considered an important part of the development of future WBC light heavyweight world champion "Bad" Chad Dawson. Scully trained Dawson for three fights in 2004 and 2005.

The Iceman can also often be seen on ESPN Classic working alongside Joe Tessitore as a ringside analyst for that network's ESPN Classic Boxing Series.

Known for his deeply insightful takes on the sport of boxing, Scully has also written a highly praised boxing book entitled, "The Iceman Diaries" that details his life in boxing. Information can be viewed at his website (www.icemanjohnscully.com).

Sources: www.icemanjohnscully.com www.courant.com www.usaboxing.org www.journalinquirer.com www.icemanjohnscully.com/icebox.htm http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...-being-iceman/

Comment

Working...
                      X