Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the fighters that ended up punch drunk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
    Are there many Mexican fighter who slur badly? They're always the ones known for going to war, but I can't think of many who sound punch drunk to me. My Spanish isnt great anyway so maybe I just can't tell.
    I havent heard any to be honest that sound slurrish or something, urbano sounds fucked up but I think he was born like that.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
      Not that I recall of. Even Chavez Sr. seems to be in good health both physically and mentally.

PS you can also add Bowe to the list, he's pretty messed up.
      Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
      I havent heard any to be honest that sound slurrish or something, urbano sounds fucked up but I think he was born like that.
      It's kind of weird actually. I was thinking about it awhile back and it just seems crazy that the dudes who took some of the worst punishment sound fine.

Comment

I actually wonder what a dude like Arturo Gatti sounded like post boxing career lol

I can't think of one dude off the top of my head that consistently took more punishment

Comment

Are there many Mexican fighter who slur badly? They're always the ones known for going to war, but I can't think of many who sound punch drunk to me. My Spanish isnt great anyway so maybe I just can't tell.
          Ruben Olivares.

Comment

It's kind of weird actually. I was thinking about it awhile back and it just seems crazy that the dudes who took some of the worst punishment sound fine.
            Jake LaMotta and George Chuvalo took some furious beatings and they are still in great health for their age. They definitely took more punishment than Pep and Benitez. Hell, Whitaker isn't sounding too healthy either.

It's a very weird thing and there are countless examples.

Comment

Bowe, maybe holyfield but came remember. Terry Norris

Comment

ALL boxers suffer from this. What's the point?

You get hit in the head and you get the headaches and the shakes. Some handle it better than others.

Comment

Originally posted by rambov View Post
                  ALL boxers suffer from this. What's the point?

You get hit in the head and you get the headaches and the shakes. Some handle it better than others.
                  Yes we know all boxers suffer from some brain damage, the point of this thread is to find out who actually sounds like it

Comment

I believe another was Yvon Durelle of Canada. There were obviously loads of punch-drunk fighters. From the days when medical care for boxers was almost non-existent and the Mafia and crooked managers were regarded as inevitable. The term attributed to them became standard American Englsih.

Comment

I notice TS has all black fighters in his list. mexicans and whites and all colors and creeds can get punch drunk too.

just so you know.

Comment

Working...
                      X