No announcement yet.

Boxers With The Most Exciting Styles Today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
    juan manuel marquez - he is one of the most bankable fighters in the business right now with his counter punching style and throws a lot of eye catching combinations
    When he fights other counter punchers his fights are dull. The Fedchenko fight put me to sleep.

Comment

Angulo
      Kirkland
      Pacquiao
      Arce
      Ortiz

Comment

1) Pacquiao
        2) Martinez/Cotto
        3) Matthysse
        4) JMM
        5) Gamboa
        6) Broner (stop hating on the kid, he's fun to watch!)
        7) Rios

Theirs a ton more, but these are the guys that are exciting, AND I can never miss one of their fights.
        Last edited by 1sballotHOF; 11-04-2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Exciting is a little bit different to me. I'm not limited to just getting excited off of brawlers, but i'll name the offenseive minded fighters I like as well as the defensive minded fighters/boxers who's style do excite me.

Mayweather: His Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto fights showed how exciting he can be with his potshotting and slippery style. His fights against Corrales and Gatti will always be remembered by me, and many fans of this era, as the ultimate slaughter of hitting without getting hit. The majority, or maybe every one will disagree with Mayweather being exciting this but it's just my opinion.

Gamboa: Nothing better than watching Gamboa blitz through his opponents with a TKO or toy with them in a decision.

Dawson: I can count 3 less than exciting fights he's been in; Hopkins II, Tarver II, Johnson II. The rest, Gardner, Mendoza, Harding, Adamek, Tarver I, Johnson I, Diaconu showed what Chad can do when he opens up. Another fighter that most will disagree with me.

Marquez: Counterpuncher who could get hit because of lack of defense. Always makes for a great fight to watch.

Kessler: His power and chin excites me. A guy who can knock you out, but good luck trying to knock HIM out.

Guzman: Guzman has a very exciting style, he likes to swing for the fences and is very fast, he has very good head movement. I wish he was more active and fought more names. Soto and Funeka are not enough.

Comment

Fighters who I like who are exciting for obvious reasons: Maidana, Matthysse, Canelo, Ortiz, [Josesito] Lopez, Martinez.

These guys don't need an explanation as to why they're exciting.

Comment

Pacquiao used to be head and shoulders above everyone for excitement but not in his last 3 fights.
              Froch
              Rios
              Kahn
              Maidana
              Martinez
              It's fun to watch but when the fight technical fighters they struggle

Comment

having floyd or dawson on your list

Comment

Not one person mentioned, Karim Mayfield, Devon Alexander, Timothy Bradley, ect. I'm very disappointed with the OP.

Comment

Off the top of my head, Mathysse, Kirkland, Angulo, and Rios has the most exciting style right now.

Comment

I'm always excited to watch a David Haye fight. His Wlad, Valuev and Harrison fights weren't great, but its hard to make a flight with either Wlad or Harrison exciting to say the least. His fight style usually matches the excitement and hype he brings up pre-fight. Most of us on here watched the Haye-Chisora fight, and would watch the Haye-Vitali fight.

Marco Huck definitely deserves a mention. His last fight wasn't great, but it was exciting, as are nearly all of his fights. He hes a style thats so wrong, yet it works and I always love to watch Huck fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X