No announcement yet.

Ward vs kovalev at 175 ? Who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
    Well that's obvious, it's because it would be his highest pay day, and Chavez has name value... Do you take issue with that!?

Boxing for fighters is first and foremost a business to feed their families!
    Nope. Only when that point is not out in the open.

The only issue I have with Ward is inactivity. Not all his fault but there seems to be no sense of urgency. His elite status is undeniable but he can't eat off the Super Six forever.

Comment

Kovolev has a punchers chance,,,,,

But im not sold on his stamina,,, he looked to be slowing up in the 3rd vs clev, but landed that huge shot that adreinalized him and finished off clev,,,,,,

No doubt that ward and even hopkins could take him into deep waters, and carve him up,,,,,,
      Kovolev still has a punchers chance,, but punchers chance rarely defeats top p4p guys

Comment

Ward makes it ugly and outfights Kovalev on the inside to win a competitive decision.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Ward gave an interview the other day saying he's not moving up and that there are plenty of match-ups at 168.
          "Plenty of match-ups".

He has practically cleared out the division.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
            "Plenty of match-ups".

He has practically cleared out the division.
            he is looking to land froch 2, chavez jr, dirrell, GGG,, and maybe a gonzalez or oustiten fights,,, then we will probably move up

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              he is looking to land froch 2, chavez jr, dirrell, GGG,, and maybe a gonzalez or oustiten fights,,, then we will probably move up
              Dirrell? LOL

he's been "looking" to land those fights for awhile now...and not really sure he is trying that hard--havent heard much about those names other than Jr and Dre saying he doesnt need to fight Froch. This is more just a list of other guys in or around 168.

Comment

Ward has Chavez Jr, Edwin Rodriguez and Golovkin in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                  Dirrell? LOL

he's been "looking" to land those fights for awhile now...and not really sure he is trying that hard--havent heard much about those names other than Jr and Dre saying he doesnt need to fight Froch. This is more just a list of other guys in or around 168.
                  Dirrell has been super inactive,,, he makes ward look active,,,,

Ward i think will end up fighting everyone at 168, and that includes dirrell,, I think ward knows his best weight is 168 and he has a chance to go down in history as the all time kingpin of 168....

I think that making a legacy and going down in history is what ward wants,,, He will eventually move up to 175, but i think he does what hopkins did at middleweight, and just stay there forever and beat people up...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Dirrell has been super inactive,,, he makes ward look active,,,,

Ward i think will end up fighting everyone at 168, and that includes dirrell,, I think ward knows his best weight is 168 and he has a chance to go down in history as the all time kingpin of 168....

I think that making a legacy and going down in history is what ward wants,,, He will eventually move up to 175, but i think he does what hopkins did at middleweight, and just stay there forever and beat people up...
                    Well he may want to do that (and have all the fights in Oakland) but he sure isnt showing it.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                      Well he may want to do that (and have all the fights in Oakland) but he sure isnt showing it.
                      Ward has been hurt,,, Five years from now he will have beaten everyone at 168....

then he will make his move to 175, much like how calzaghe did it late in his career

Comment

Working...
                      X