No announcement yet.

[Video] Me sparring.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Video] Me sparring.

This is me sparring for my first fight which actually happened last night lol. Gonna post that soon. I won. But anyway here are some footage of my sparring for my first fight, will post the other rounds later.

I'm the guy with the grey shorts, without the sleeves. We we're going 50-60% in this because our fights were 3 days away.

Originally posted by johncods View Post
    This is me sparring for my first fight which actually happened last night lol. Gonna post that soon. I won. But anyway here are some footage of my sparring for my first fight, will post the other rounds later.

I'm the guy with the grey shorts, without the sleeves. We we're going 50-60% in this because our fights were 3 days away.
    Here's what I don't understand, whenever someone puts up their own "workout vid or sparring vid", there's always some sort of excuse already included in their posts for the anticipated barrage of negative feedback coming their way.

I have never seen in my entire time I've been a member here were the person uploading their vids simply asking for feedback w/o the added, "well I'm kinda out of shape for this vid, or I just broke up with my girlfriend, or I already sparred 100 rds for the day prior to filming this blah, blah, blah".

Basically, what every person who have uploaded their vids are saying is that they filmed themselves when they weren't at their best, lmao. And then y'all get butt hurt when the harsh criticism rains down on y'all.

Anyway, to critique your vid, since you say that both of you were only going at it between 50-60 of your best effort, then I'd say your sparring partner's 60% is better than your 60%.

Most of the time you allowed your sparring partner to unleash a 4punch combo of 1-2's, you can't allow someone to repeatedly get off that many punches on you even if you're picking off his punches and worst of all he kept doing the same **** on your @ss and you kept defending it the same exact way.

You seemed more tentative in their than your sparring partner. I know, I know, you were only going 50-60%, lmao, well, his 50-60 looked alot harder than your 50-60, you looked scared in there eventhough your sparring partner was only going 50-60, haha

Again, it's hard to gauge you since you only went 50-60. Next time put up a vid where you have your A game so we can better judge you.

For now, quit wasting our time with your 50-60 pitter pats, in other words I 'm scared to get hit against a half-@ss sparring session because I'm about to get in a real fight in a few days, WTF.

Comment

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
      Here's what I don't understand, whenever someone puts up their own "workout vid or sparring vid", there's always some sort of excuse already included in their posts for the anticipated barrage of negative feedback coming their way.

I have never seen in my entire time I've been a member here were the person uploading their vids simply asking for feedback w/o the added, "well I'm kinda out of shape for this vid, or I just broke up with my girlfriend, or I already sparred 100 rds for the day prior to filming this blah, blah, blah".

Basically, what every person who have uploaded their vids are saying is that they filmed themselves when they weren't at their best, lmao. And then y'all get butt hurt when the harsh criticism rains down on y'all.

Anyway, to critique your vid, since you say that both of you were only going at it between 50-60 of your best effort, then I'd say your sparring partner's 60% is better than your 60%.

Most of the time you allowed your sparring partner to unleash a 4punch combo of 1-2's, you can't allow someone to repeatedly get off that many punches on you even if you're picking off his punches and worst of all he kept doing the same **** on your @ss and you kept defending it the same exact way.

You seemed more tentative in their than your sparring partner. I know, I know, you were only going 50-60%, lmao, well, his 50-60 looked alot harder than your 50-60, you looked scared in there eventhough your sparring partner was only going 50-60, haha

Again, it's hard to gauge you since you only went 50-60. Next time put up a vid where you have your A game so we can better judge you.

For now, quit wasting our time with your 50-60 pitter pats, in other words I 'm scared to get hit against a half-@ss sparring session because I'm about to get in a real fight in a few days, WTF.
      LOL why u mad tho? Don't worry I'll post my fight soon and you'll see me going 100%. Dude it was sparring and it was 3 days away from our fights. I don't mind any criticisms at all. here

Comment

LOL why u mad tho? Don't worry I'll post my fight soon and you'll see me going 100%. Dude it was sparring and it was 3 days away from our fights. I don't mind any criticisms at all. here
        Because it's guys like you who post **** with a ready-made excuse before we even have a chance to talk y'all up or talk ****.

Tell me how it makes sense that someone asks to be judged based on a half-@ssed effort ?

So, basically y'all are telling us to weed out your flaws and big-up your strengths, but, at the same time y'all are giving us videos were y'all are either out of shape, didn't get the proper rest, my girlfriend just dumped me that's why I look sluggish, yadda, yadda, yadda.. C'mon now.

You better put up your actual fight vid. Because it's the actual fights that bring out the truth and the lies !

Comment

Because it's guys like you who post **** with a ready-made excuse before we even have a chance to talk y'all up or talk ****.

Tell me how it makes sense that someone asks to be judged based on a half-@ssed effort ?

So, basically y'all are telling us to weed out your flaws and big-up your strengths, but, at the same time y'all are giving us videos were y'all are either out of shape, didn't get the proper rest, my girlfriend just dumped me that's why I look sluggish, yadda, yadda, yadda.. C'mon now.

You better put up your actual fight vid. Because it's the actual fights that bring out the truth and the lies !
          you talk about critiquing and giving feedback yet i haven't seen any in this post. all im reading is a bunch of complaining about what the OP said because it's you're little pet peeve.

OP:
          try not to back up straight. use better angles.
          dont leave your punches out so long or you'll get timed and countered.
          dont looked down

otherwise looks good man. congrats on your win

Comment

I'll post it don't worry. How is saying we were going 60% on sparring an ready made excused? When we were both going light so it's even. And yea that guy got the best of me. Sparring is not about going all out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
              you talk about critiquing and giving feedback yet i haven't seen any in this post. all im reading is a bunch of complaining about what the OP said because it's you're little pet peeve.
              D#mb @ss, if you read my first post on this thread I basically pointed out the same **** you said.

Comment

I'll post it don't worry. How is saying we were going 60% on sparring an ready made excused? When we were both going light so it's even. And yea that guy got the best of me. Sparring is not about going all out.
                The fact that you posted a vid where both of you were only going half-@ssed is an excuse in of itself.

How can we truly judge anyone when they're only putting up evidence that's nowhere near 100%. I mean, do you really wanna be judged based on a half-@ssed effort, nevermind, you obviously do, the vid answered my own question.

Maybe you're scared to hear the truth when you actually put up a vid were you claim that was your absolute best, and u still end up getting critiqued. But, that's what learning is all about. And alot of times you just have to take some of the negative feedback with a grain of salt, especially on this site.
                Last edited by King of Sting; 11-25-2011, 05:35 PM.

Comment

better than most i see good job with the fight cant wait to see it. great feeling when all the hard work pays off isnt it? i could say some complicated things, but the easiest way to put it is you should be more proactive. im a counter puncher but sometimes you kinda just sit and wait for him. throws in more feints and upper body movt. get creative with it. also an experienced guy isnt gonna let you throw that 15 punch combo you threw. shorten the combos. 3-4-5 at most. unless your guys is hurt. would like to see you go to the body more, even in light sparring.

Comment

Congrats on your fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X