Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Cotto Survives Early Knockdown To Remain Unbeaten

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Cotto Survives Early Knockdown To Remain Unbeaten

By Jake Donovan - Edgar 'Sasso' Lopez was forced to settle for a majority draw in a spirited six-round battle with Orlando Vazquez.

The co-feature battle was all action, though Lopez appeared to get the better of most exchanges. The unbeaten super featherweight prospect was cheated out of a final round knockdown, when referee Roberto Ramirez Sr. ruled that Vazquez was pushed to the canvas.

A right hand to Vazquez' temple prior to clinching and falling suggested otherwise, but the official ruling held. Had a knockdown been called, Lopez would have earned a unanimous decision.

Instead, he only managed the lead on one official card, winning 58-54. The other two judges saw the bout 57-57 to produce the majority draw verdict. [Click Here To Read More]

Add this slow, light punching, easy to hit guy to a list of one of the 10 worst unbeaten fighters I have seen in the last couple years. Nothing more than a mediocre clubfighter who will never make any noise in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
      By Jake Donovan - Edgar 'Sasso' Lopez was forced to settle for a majority draw in a spirited six-round battle with Orlando Vazquez.

The co-feature battle was all action, though Lopez appeared to get the better of most exchanges. The unbeaten super featherweight prospect was cheated out of a final round knockdown, when referee Roberto Ramirez Sr. ruled that Vazquez was pushed to the canvas.

A right hand to Vazquez' temple prior to clinching and falling suggested otherwise, but the official ruling held. Had a knockdown been called, Lopez would have earned a unanimous decision.

Instead, he only managed the lead on one official card, winning 58-54. The other two judges saw the bout 57-57 to produce the majority draw verdict. [Click Here To Read More]
      The name of the mexican is alejandro "soma" rodriguez. No gonzalez..and abner cotto was floored in the first round not late in the fight...lol..you didn't watch the telecast...

Comment

Cotto got a hometown decision, at no time did he have full control of the fight. Watch the fight again and listen to the crowd/crickets. Gonzalez shut the spectators down. They only had two or three times when the got a little excited and Gonzales punched back and they got quiet again. This Cotto is nowhere near as good as his brother and giving him these gifts is just setting him up for a fall.

Comment

Abner ain't ****!

Comment

That Sasso guy should file a protest. The ref stunk, not only he didn't call a knockdown earlier than the last round, he called for time out to let Vazquez recover. In another round, when he broke them up, he asked Vasquez what was wrong with him. He was getting chased from pillar to post, ref, are you blind? I can't see how this was a draw, Sasso worked him over.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
              The name of the mexican is alejandro "soma" rodriguez. No gonzalez..and abner cotto was floored in the first round not late in the fight...lol..you didn't watch the telecast...
              Ha, believe me I watched - didn't want to, considering what else was on - but had way too much on my mind while typing it. Bad night at the editing desk, I take full blame.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                Ha, believe me I watched - didn't want to, considering what else was on - but had way too much on my mind while typing it. Bad night at the editing desk, I take full blame.
                I never meant to criticize you...I thought that would be important to people get a better guess..I like your articles by the way..
                Last edited by Angry Cuban; 11-18-2012, 08:54 PM.

Comment

After the first rd I thought to myself here goes another PR prospect exposed, but he got lucky Soma didn't finish him and got the hometown decision, like they always do in PR!

Comment

Abner cotto!?!?!? Never seen him fight, but my balls are hurting, just from seeing his name.

Comment

Working...
                    X