No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Evander Holyfield Discusses David Haye vs. Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Evander Holyfield Discusses David Haye vs. Tyson Fury

Former world heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield believes Tyson Fury is capable of causing an upset against fellow Briton David Haye and even thinks both Englishmen could dethrone the all-conquering Klitschko brothers in the future.

Haye and Fury are scheduled to do battle in February after their original bout last month was scrapped due to a cut suffered by the Londoner in training.

The younger, taller but inexperienced Fury still suspects the fight may never happen. However, four-time world heavyweight champion Holyfield believes the 11/4 underdog from Cheshire does have a chance of beating the former WBA titlist.

"It's an exciting fight," Holyfield told Press Association Sport. "David Haye is a guy who went the same route as me, being cruiserweight world champion and moving up to become a heavyweight champion of the world. Like me, he showed it's not about the size of the man, it's about the size of his heart.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm really happy to hear Commander Vander has officially retired. Thanks for all the great memories, champ!

Comment

it was david "ha ha " hayes perception that he was going to get the living crap pounded out of him by tyson fury thats why he pulled out he knew he could not win

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
        it was david "ha ha " hayes perception that he was going to get the living crap pounded out of him by tyson fury thats why he pulled out he knew he could not win
        Your post makes no sense..why the hell would he have signed
        up if he was afraid? Besides, they even made the odds in his favor.
        Tyson Fury is a B level fighter at best

Comment

I would still pay to watch him and Tyson get it on again.

Comment

"David Haye is a guy who went the same route as me, being cruiserweight world champion and moving up to become a heavyweight champion of the world. Like me, he showed it's not about the size of the man, it's about the size of his heart.

You what gov'nor? Has Holly actually watched Haye fight beofre?

Comment

Holyfield is senile.

Comment

Originally posted by moonshineman View Post
                Holyfield is senile.
                Sounds more like he's wiser these days.

Comment

Holyfield should move into commentating. Many things he could do.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    Holyfield should move into commentating. Many things he could do.
                    Ah, hell no!!! Anyone can take his slurring speech and extremely slow mental processes and filter that into a written article to make some sense but he is extremely frustrating to listen to live. He does not belong within 10 feet of a microphone.

Comment

Working...
                    X