Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly, does Froch stand a chance against Abraham?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch is getting ko'd against Abraham.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
      I really can't see it happening. Imagine Margarito-Clottey if Clottey had power and didn't gas out after four rounds. That's what this fight would look like.

Abraham has more power, and definitely more boxing skills. Froch is more of a brawling type fighter. That can be very effective, but not against the style he will be facing. They're stances are opposites, and one will be VERY ineffective. Of course that one is Froch's. He keeps his hands low and gets hit a lot, and that's gonna cost him against someone with one punch KO power. I mean if Abraham was able to land some good shots on Dirrell throughout the fight (which Froch failed to do by the way), what makes you think he can't land on a much slower fighter like Froch? Abraham's guard on the other hand will frustrate Froch. He won't be able to land anything significant while Abraham is shelled up. I suppose he could go for a body assault, but he won't be able to move in and out quick enough after punching to avoid taking more punches in the process.

My prediction: Abraham by UD

are you mentally ******ed...firdtly froch landed the best shot in the whole match(the left hook in the 8th)

but secondly dirrell acrtually stood toe to toe in this fight, so was alot easier to hit..

When ever dirrell got close quarters with the badass froch he shat himself and fell over crying...

Learn your boxing or go play on a motorway...

Comment

Originally posted by Arcyani View Post
        Time to remove the smokescreens...

It amazes me how people overrate AA's wild caveman hooks as some sort of Nuclear Bombs and his defence as some sort of Mayweather like minded genius.

Whether you like Crotch, if he hits, he hurts this applies to AA aswell.

If Froch lands and gets AA against the rope and lands the combos he can win via KO.

Any one punch from either guy can change the momentum.

Froch will be coming forward and forward, not taking a step back, this is when AA does nothing and becomes a punching bag, which Dirrell was avoiding for 12 rounds against Froch.

I think Kessler will most likely beat Froch anyhow.
        great post. i believe the fight goes either way too. waaaaaayyy to much love on here for AA, because he "hits hard."

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          But Abraham can take a better punch than Froch. Also, a big reason Abraham could never come out of his shell against Dirrell is because of how quick Dirrell was firing off those punches. Froch isn't nearly as fast with his punches, the openings would be far easier to exploit for Abraham.
          When you're fast and good at movement you know exactly what to do against a guy like Froch... stick and move.

When you're as inactive and immobile as AA, you're basically a punching bag against a dangerous puncher.

AA would be stupid to stand there in his defence and take shots from Froch.

It's both there's for the taking, depends how the punches flow. AA could take his time until the later rounds to take out Froch, then again he could be out cold by the 4th.

Comment

I think Froch sucks, so, no, he doesn't stand much of a chance.

Comment

I like Froch and will pull for him to get the win here but the fight does not stylistically favor him as he is not going to be able to keep blocking AA's punches with his face and bully his way into somehow stopping AA or out working him.

Also, he does not have the speed and athletic ability to land on AA and dip out of the way like Dirrell did before AA counters.

Comment

Working...
              X