Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Oscar Dela Hoya vs. Antonio Margarito at 147 Lbs. Prime for Prime.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wins: Oscar Dela Hoya vs. Antonio Margarito at 147 Lbs. Prime for Prime.

this was a match up that has always intrigued me. the two almost fought at one point but dela hoya opted for the more richer fight in pacquiao.

the animosity between the were real, margarito calling dela hoya a sissy for not fighting him and choosing to face a 135 lbs fighter in pacquiao while dela hoya said cotto would outbox margarito in a classic example of boxer beats brawler.

if the fight were to take place in there primes, it'd would have been one hell of barn burner. dela hoya's come forward style paired up with margarito's relentless aggression would have created electrifying fireworks. if dela hoya doesn't knock out margarito with one of his thunderous left hooks, then margarito might win it via stoppage in the late rounds. i think dela hoya wins this but it's really a 50-50 fight.

your thoughts?
    Oscar Dela Hoya
    84.35%
    Antonio Margarito
    15.65%

Margarito was getting pieced up by Clottey hooks. Trinidad, Oscar, Quartey would have beat his ass badly.

Comment

Oscar would murk Margarito.

Comment

As much as i hate delahoya, prime hoya was a beast, but he hasnt fought the size and workrate and chin of a prime margarito.

Will cements be allowed in tonys gloves? jk

Oscar fades in the latter rounds as well where margarito is best at.

Oscar has a good beard as well though.

Man this is a hard one.

I say prime Cotto beats them both. LOL

Comment

Oscar just better overall. you talking about a prime for prime no one could have beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
            As much as i hate delahoya, prime hoya was a beast, but he hasnt fought the size and workrate and chin of a prime margarito.

Will cements be allowed in tonys gloves? jk

Oscar fades in the latter rounds as well where margarito is best at.

Oscar has a good beard as well though.

Man this is a hard one.

I say prime Cotto beats them both. LOL
            Oscar fades in the late rounds? He lost a close one to Mosley late but he stopped Vargas, Carr, almost stopped Quartey, and beat Whitaker in the late rounds.

He hardly fades late.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
              Oscar would murk Margarito.
              margarito sparred with dela hoya many times. they would tell margarito to let dela hoya hit him and not throw any punches. dela hoya's corner also told him to throw no hard punches while he dela hoya was throwing at full force.

margarito is a person with a short temper, so naturally, he would let go of his power punches. on two different occasions, margarito made him bleed and that's with protective head gear. once from the nose, and the other time from the ear.

oscar would be in for the fight o his life.
              Last edited by Fighting_Pride; 12-26-2012, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Oscar would stop Margarito even with tampered gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
                  Oscar fades in the late rounds? He lost a close one to Mosley late but he stopped Vargas, Carr, almost stopped Quartey, and beat Whitaker in the late rounds.

He hardly fades late.
                  he faded against trinidad, and faded in mosley 1 and 2.

Quartey arguably beat him as well.

whitaker wasnt prime no more.

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
                    he faded against trinidad, and faded in mosley 1 and 2.

Quartey arguably beat him as well.

whitaker wasnt prime no more.
                    Oscar didn't fade against Whitaker or Quartey though.

And Mosley was roided and we all know Oscar won the second one anyways.

Comment

Working...
                    X