No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Magee in Postion For WBA Crown With Balzsay Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Magee in Postion For WBA Crown With Balzsay Injury

Brian Magee will fight for the vacant WBA "regular" super middleweight belt later this after the now former champion Karoly Balzsay pulled out of their scheduled contest with a back injury.

Magee’s team held all the cards for the bout after winning the purse bid and will now be able to pick and choose an opponent from the WBA’s top 15 contenders at 168lbs for the title bid, which could now happen in Belfast this October.

[Click Here To Read More]

Andre Ward is the real WBA champion @ 168lb. Maybe Magee & Oosthuizen could box off for this regular belt & have it double up as a final eliminator to fight him.

Comment

Love to see Magee cap off his run with a world title, even though it's not exactly legit.

Comment

Names? Kashtanov (who made a good fight against Balzsay), Yemurlayev, Sartison... Groves was ranked 11th in June!

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
          Andre Ward is the real WBA champion @ 168lb. Maybe Magee & Oosthuizen could box off for this regular belt & have it double up as a final eliminator to fight him.
          Good idea - Magee vs. Oosthuizen would be an interesting fight.

Oosthuizen is talented, but he isn't ready for Froch yet. Magee would be a better opponent for him at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            Love to see Magee cap off his run with a world title, even though it's not exactly legit.
            couldnt agree more.

Hopefully i can get to it. Would love to see Magee get a strap, and Groves would be a nice fight to watch

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
              couldnt agree more.

Hopefully i can get to it. Would love to see Magee get a strap, and Groves would be a nice fight to watch
              My bet is that the danekiller returns to Denmark trying to finish off the last guy remaining on the team Denmark rister.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                My bet is that the danekiller returns to Denmark trying to finish off the last guy remaining on the team Denmark rister.
                I'd like the chance to see Magee win a strap, so Kessler can wait for his beating (unless he fancies fighting infront of 5000 screaming drunk Irish idiots like me)!

Comment

yes! georgey groves would learn alot from the trekky and it would be a good technical fight until groves just walks straight through him.
                  brian deserves something in the way of a shot but, just looks too soft at times.
                  however, a fight with groves would propel both men even though the trekky would get K.T.F.O. within 5 rnds.
                  gg by early ko, fogit about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X