Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali-Adamek draws 10million viewers in Germany (51% Market Share)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitali-Adamek draws 10million viewers in Germany (51% Market Share)

http://www.rtl.de/cms/sport/boxen/ne...60-863199.html
    Google Translation:

Up to 10 million look superior Klitschko victory

The title defense of WBC champion Vitali Klitschko against his challenger, Tomasz Adamek, Poland has given RTL late on Saturday evening once again a top rate.

Up to 10.01 million viewers (market share of the peak value: 51%) watched the unequal struggle, the superior in all respects, 40-year-old champion after 2.26 minutes of the 10th Round technical knockout win.

On average, the RTL broadcast came from the sold-out stadium with 44 500 spectators in Wroclaw at 9.51 million, the market share was outstanding 45.1 percent (14-49-year-olds: 43.5%).

Anyone have the Polish PPV numbers?

Your lying, boxing is dead....

Oh wait... Boxing does exist outside the US?

Comment

Originally posted by -Genesis- View Post
      Your lying, boxing is dead....

Oh wait... Boxing does exist outside the US?
      Boxing is only dead in USA.

In Germany/UK/Mexico/South America is alive and well, same with Australia.

The diffirence is that you need to get a few good fighters and promote them on Terrestrial TV, like FOX/ABC/CBS.

RTL managed to grab 50% of the entire viewing public, this is why they can pack 50k in a stadium. Same with Poland.

USA needs to step their game up, imagine just getting 10% of Market Share in USA?

Canelo did like 50m mexicans watching or some silly figure.

Comment

Klitschko is bringing boxing into our country, after the haye fight nobody wanted to watch anymore but after adamek, shiiit. I can't wait till we get **** like this on regular basis!

Comment

Wow it was an amazing atmosphere in the stadium and a lot of viewers, Boxing is very popular still in Europe, Mexico and Asia. It's great!

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
            Boxing is only dead in USA.

In Germany/UK/Mexico/South America is alive and well, same with Australia.

The diffirence is that you need to get a few good fighters and promote them on Terrestrial TV, like FOX/ABC/CBS.

RTL managed to grab 50% of the entire viewing public, this is why they can pack 50k in a stadium. Same with Poland.

USA needs to step their game up, imagine just getting 10% of Market Share in USA?

Canelo did like 50m mexicans watching or some silly figure.
            Even in America I'm not living there but I'm sure Mayweather and Pacquiao are still keeping Boxing popular there. Even the UFC doesn't put at events at the ppvs at the same time as when they are fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
              Even in America I'm not living there but I'm sure Mayweather and Pacquiao are still keeping Boxing popular there. Even the UFC doesn't put at events at the ppvs at the same time as when they are fighting.
              I live in america and Boxing is not popular in america. Floyd and pac are barely keeping it alive.

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
                I live in america and Boxing is not popular in america. Floyd and pac are barely keeping it alive.
                When they fight they do big ppv numbers, if they ever fight it would most likely break ppv records for both Boxing and MMA ppv. But we will see I think Boxing in America get more popular again, MMA will get more popular too.

Comment

10 million Germans watched Vitali for FREE.

10 million Americans are going to pay $100 to watch Mayweather fight Victor Ortiz.

The Klitschkos finish second again. Ouch, that's got to hurt a man's ego.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped Bird View Post
                    10 million Germans watched Vitali for FREE.

10 million Americans are going to pay $100 to watch Mayweather fight Victor Ortiz.

The Klitschkos finish second again. Ouch, that's got to hurt a man's ego.
                    You are exaggerating. No PPV has done even close to that in Boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X