Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather, richardson and roach all in the running for hbo commentating gig

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather, richardson and roach all in the running for hbo commentating gig

According to multiple sources, Floyd Mayweather's name has also been mentioned as a potential candidate to fill the HBO commentating gig that was left vacant when the network decided not to renew the contract of former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis. world-class trainers Freddie Roach and Naazim Richardson have both already auditioned for the position, but a source inside HBO tells us that certain individuals are not sure if either man is charismatic enough for the role, a criticism that a lot of fans also had of Lewis.

Prior to Lewis, the job was held by Roy Jones Jr., who many thought did an excellent job with his analyst duties. Ultimately, however, he was let go due to his lack of commitment in attending production meetings. When asked whether or not there was any possibility of Roy resuming the role, a source surprised us when they stated, "I don't think that's going to happen, but Floyd's name is in the bunch." When pressed for more information, we were simply told, "Floyd is definitely in the running."

While he may be in the running, we're also told that Mayweather's recent legal issues are a concern to some. Not to mention, HBO is eager to find someone with a fan-friendly personality similar to that of George Foreman, who surprisingly set the bar high during his years as a commentator with the network. "As far as commentators are concerned, George was way over everybody because people liked his smile and his personality," the source added. I'm not so sure if Floyd Mayweather fits that role and unfortunately, Foreman, who's enjoying his time with his family, is not an option. So who do you think should fill the position? Let us know in the comments below.

Jr. or Sr. ??????

Mayweather Jr would be awesome. Listening to him argue with Merchant and Steward...lol.

Comment

Nazim on commentary would be awesome.

Comment

What about Richardo Mayorga? lol
        Last edited by Carpe Diem; 05-17-2010, 11:00 PM.

Comment

nazim would be great..he is very articulant and knowlegable and unbiased

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Jr. or Sr. ??????

Mayweather Jr would be awesome. Listening to him argue with Merchant and Steward...lol.
            Jr, Him and Merchant would def get into it all the time. I think he is a great replacement to RJJ but I dont see it lasting long.

Comment

Brother Nazim is the obvious choice.

Comment

I hope it is Jr.

Because, if Sr and Roach are in the running. Then.... I don't know what to say.

Comment

hell, the guys that Mayweather bashed on a racial level he may end up working with then. Lol.

Comment

Oh so its Floyd Jr.

Epic....

Get it done.

Comment

Working...
                    X