Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Yuriorkis Gamboa Linked To PED Supplier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No way is Gamboa or any other fighter addicted to PED's. They only take them for recreational use.

Now to be serious. How can any top tier fighter not be using them? The sport is loaded with guys who fight once or twice a year. In other words they get lots of down time. How would they not only get in shape, but do so while cutting massive weight on a regular basis and maintain enough energy to actually get in shape while doing so? It is too difficult to do without help.

You also have many who fight and perform at top level well beyond what was once considered old. It is all because they are getting help.

Comment

• Originally posted by LEXXX RUGER View Post
      I have no doubt that Gamboa is using. He even has the roid gut going. Look at DannYankee09 profile pic. I was always suspicious, considering the way his body looked.

Another thing is this. If your favorite fighter gets caught cheating, dont flip the ****in script, and be like "Well everybody's juicin" f*uck outta here with that noise.
      You would think the Lance armstrong situation would open some minds up. Some people are designed to be muscular. LAnce took literally half a dozen diff subs & he still looked like an anorexic twig. Musculature does not indicate anyone's guilt necessarily. I'm not exactly sure what does. Maybe performance is the best indicator. Antonio Tarver's body still looked like ****...Lamont peterson's physique was not diff...Nor was berto's...nor was mosely's...nor was Rjj untoil he went to HW...nor vargas...It's not necessarily about physique...& muscles don't amount to much in boxing anyway.

Comment

• I didnt read through the entire thread and the article, but can someone tell me what this means for gamboa? will he be suspended from boxing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
          When Holyfield fought Lewis.. Holyfield's test results were always delayed and Lennox's were always on time.

Lewis had to take a total of 5 tests.
          3 in America
          1 in England
          and
          1 in Germany for some reason.

Holyfield didn't have to do any of that.

Lennox Lewis have fought 3 guys tied to PED Use throughout his career.

-Morrison
          -Holyfield
          -Vitali
          Honestly...I think it's diff for fans of sport to truly appreciate the "business" interests of these competitions....Everything is about storylines & excitement. If it generates deep interest by the people....which translates into ticket sales & viewership & merchandising & advertising revenue...which all amount to small fortunes...It only makes sense to allow these things to occur. & for that reason I am not surprised nor disheartened. It's just apart of it all...like everything else. The olther thing is I wish someone would do a history of available substances possibly taken by athletes throughout the history of ALL sports & ALL times in order to give an accurate indication of wut has always been poss. PED's is a new buzz-word that people think have just surfaced. But The russsian olympic team had their entire squad juiced up & Americans followed suit in order to compete....Carl lewis is linked to failed tests...etc. I mean none of this is new...I wonder what has always been available...natural substances & synthetic

Comment

• Originally posted by ChewLeather View Post
            The guilty shall be exposed when time comes.

If Pac was really juicing, there would be evidences and witnesses that will surface now.
            whatever makes you feel better buddy

Comment

• So does that mean Mtagwa should have not been KO'd so easily? Remember how Lopez couldn't dent Mtagwa and Gamboa made it look like he's a Mike Tyson against him? Sad, sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
                You would think the Lance armstrong situation would open some minds up. Some people are designed to be muscular. LAnce took literally half a dozen diff subs & he still looked like an anorexic twig. Musculature does not indicate anyone's guilt necessarily. I'm not exactly sure what does. Maybe performance is the best indicator. Antonio Tarver's body still looked like ****...Lamont peterson's physique was not diff...Nor was berto's...nor was mosely's...nor was Rjj untoil he went to HW...nor vargas...It's not necessarily about physique...& muscles don't amount to much in boxing anyway.
                Dude, Armstrong is a cyclist. Of course he's going to look like a "twig", they're doing mostly cardio training.

Comment

• A-Rod was on the list as well...damn Yuri..smh

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                    Dude, Armstrong is a cyclist. Of course he's going to look like a "twig", they're doing mostly cardio training.
                    i understand bro...but so do boxers. They aren't bodybuilders. Boxing is equally about endurance & fitness....they just perform diff movement. You would think w/ the coctail lance was using...his legs would be monstrous considering the regimin he maintained....but they weren't.

Comment

• Man is 50 Cent sorry he ever went near this boxing game.

Comment

Working...
                      X