Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Wladimir Klitschko Replicate This?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Wladimir Klitschko Replicate This?

Round 1 TKO against Andrew Golota, after Golota thoroughly out-boxed Riddick Bowe in two controversial bouts. Lewis decided to make a statement against the American Boxing Critics for calling him 'Boring'. One of my favorite KO's.
    I wonder if Wlad could do this to Povetkin?

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post

Round 1 TKO against Andrew Golota, after Golota thoroughly out-boxed Riddick Bowe in two controversial bouts. Lewis decided to make a statement against the American Boxing Critics for calling him 'Boring'. One of my favorite KO's.
    I wonder if Wlad could do this to Povetkin?
    I loved that KO too. I remember watching it. I won $5. lmao

I think Wlad could do something very similar to Povetkin if he really tried, but I don't see him committing enough. But, there's always the chance Povetking is severly hurt with one punch early that leads to that kind of KO. I guess it all depends on how well Povetkin takes Wlads power.

Comment

If Wlad fought Golota today, it would still last at least 6 rounds. He could if he wanted to, but there's still that little chance of Golota landing and knocking Wlad spark out, if he's not been hammered out of breath for 6 rounds.

Comment

Wlad would rather make Povetkin stick around for commercials, literally. He makes more money that way.

Is he capable? Probably. If he did to Povetkin what he did to Wach in round 8, Povetkin would end up in hospital. It was a bit worrying to watch him do that to another human.

Will he? No. I can almost be certain he wont.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Honestly, I think Wlad could KO all his opponents earlier then he does, same with Povetkin..... But for such a big fight in Russia, I don't think he would go for the kill so early, so they can put on a decent show for the fans. IMO

Comment

Wlad is a good boxer but he's boring as hell for a heavyweight champion. There's no way Wlad would take those sort of risks against Golota - the guy was cautious against Mormeck who was a much, much smaller man coming up from cruiserweight.

On the one hand it's smart because Wladimir has been KOd several times before, he knows he could get KOd again- it's just the heavyweight division was what made boxing great back in the day and Wlad has systematically ruined that. Ultimately it would be good for boxing if he gets knocked out again as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
              Wlad is a good boxer but he's boring as hell for a heavyweight champion. There's no way Wlad would take those sort of risks against Golota - the guy was cautious against Mormeck who was a much, much smaller man coming up from cruiserweight.

On the one hand it's smart because Wladimir has been KOd several times before, he knows he could get KOd again- it's just the heavyweight division was what made boxing great back in the day and Wlad has systematically ruined that. Ultimately it would be good for boxing if he gets knocked out again as soon as possible.
              Don't blame Wlad for having the best jab in the sport. Hell if he wanted to he could jab his way to a UD every single fight. But he doesn't. He systematically breaks his opponent down and when he shoots that right hand it's lights out. I think it's a thing of beauty.

To each his own.

Comment

If he really tried, of course he could do that but I'd bet good money he won't try it with Povetkin lol. He is arguably the biggest puncher in boxing today.

There was a time though that he would scrap.. Wladimir has come pretty far since those days.

Comment

Working...
                X