Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rosado Rejects Catch-Weight: I'll Face Golovkin at 160!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
    That fight was for Wards titles at 168.

They most definitely could not have been on the line at 170.
    but if you're Dawson, why cut all the way down to 170 to have your own titles defended .. seems kinda silly to me

**yeah Ward didn't move up to LHW, but Dawson called him out, not the other way around

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      I hear over hyped thrown around for everybody except this guy.
      The same thing happened to David Lemieux. I remember arguing with some folks about how Lemieux picked on no-hopers to build his record and wait and see what happens when his chin is tapped or he goes late into a fight and sure enough, he was exposed in his next fight. I want to see the intangibles before I start praising a fighter like GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        The same thing happened to David Lemieux. I remember arguing with some folks about how Lemieux picked on no-hopers to build his record and wait and see what happens when his chin is tapped or he goes late into a fight and sure enough, he was exposed in his next fight. I want to see the intangibles before I start praising a fighter like GGG.
        the difference is - as others have already stated above - that golovkin does not "pick on no-hopers". he tries very hard to fight the best he can get. he wanted martinez or chavez, as well as geale, and before that, sturm. yes, he IS being avoided.

that is why people don't call him a hype - because he is ready to fight anybody!

Comment

Originally posted by Dolor View Post
          the difference is - as others have already stated above - that golovkin does not "pick on no-hopers".
          I get that part, I'm not saying he picks no-hopers but I have to see two things to be impressed - 1) how he does over 12 rounds in a total war and 2) what happens when he is nailed flush by a real puncher. Then I'll re-evaluate. Totally dig his willingness to fight anyone...cannot say the same for a number of champs.

Comment

Most likely scenario is still Golovkin by TKO he prob won't even come in at 160 so more of A psychological factor for Rosado to reaffirm self belief I do think he'll have his moments just not be able to sustain it for all 12 rounds

Comment

Props to Rosado

Props to Gabe for his unwavering confidence going into this fight. He really believes he is gonna win. I'm tuning in for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                Yes. He's exactly like Lemieux. All I can say right now is "he hits hard". Im just saying wait and see what hes made of. I see he had a good amateur career. Even looking at that he beat two guys that dont have the mental strength needed to test what I want to see (Dirrell,Bute). I think he's believing his own hype right now. Rosado doesnt seem overwelmed by this fight. Its almost a perfect fighting confidence. This is GGG's first fight with a good puncher with decent size. Rosado has already been through some fire and came out better.

Originally posted by Dolor View Post
                the difference is - as others have already stated above - that golovkin does not "pick on no-hopers". he tries very hard to fight the best he can get. he wanted martinez or chavez, as well as geale, and before that, sturm. yes, he IS being avoided.

that is why people don't call him a hype - because he is ready to fight anybody!
                When you're thirty you have no choice. He may be what everybody's raving about but I aint convinced after watching all his fights that are available. I wont be too critical but I am betting against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  But Dawson's Ring and WBC belt would have been.

Ward wouldn't take the slightest risk in order to become a two-division champion.

Joe Calzaghe went up to 175 to fight Hopkins.
                  He still has business at 168. I hope you dont have a crush on anyone else at 175, because Ward will clean that division out next.

Comment

real recognize real

Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
                    He still has business at 168. I hope you dont have a crush on anyone else at 175, because Ward will clean that division out next.
                    I cant understand why you guys set yourselves up for such an epic fail.

Jeez, if you are going to take a dislike to someone, pick someone who is over-hyped, like Pacquiao..... there is nothing but misery heading your way if you choose to dislike Ward.

You guys who are fans of fighters from 168-175..... drop em now, save yourselves some grief

Comment

Working...
                    X