After seeing the size of Chisora today, im 100% sure Haye wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haye v Chisora potnetial FOTY.

Comment

I doubt Haye gets rid of him in a round, Chisora's pressure might cause Haye some problems early on but he'll adapt. He's going to pulverize Chisora for several rounds before he's taken too much punishment and his legs crumble from beneath him and he slumps to the canvas.

Comment

Could be one of the best of the year.

Comment

we'll see who the champ is and who is the chump

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
            I see the argument that Chisora is made for Haye stylewise but I'd like to present the opposite case in that Haye does not like Guys who put him under pressure.

His only KO loss came at the hands of a 40 year old cruiserweight who took his best shots early and wore him down with pressure. We know Haye has improved since then but he hasnt really faced that level of intensity in recent years. Mormeck was a plodder and Ruiz was slow and washed up.

David is the type of fighter to use the ring and do things at his own pace. He doesnt like being crowded and hasnt been for years so we dont know what his cardio is like when a guy as relentless as Chisora keeps walking him down. He will have to fight him off and thats when you gas if you are forced to work and waste punches.

Davids in trouble unless he gets a KO early which I cant see happening seemings as Vitali and Helenuis' shots bounced off Derek. David might have to steal it on points by outboxing him but as soon as he lets pride take over ( and it will ) I think Derek works him to head and body and makes it a long, draining distance fight IMO.
            Very good point actually. It's easy to prance around for 12 rounds but it's a different game if pressured.

I remember Haye saying he doesn't do allot of road work and tends to stick to short circuit sprints as he believes that short bursts emulate fight conditions better which I found strange tbh. Not circuits but the lack of serious sustained road work/swimming/cycling or something similar as a basis to his cardio work out. ( I' no gym buff so correct me if I'm wrong).

It was the build up to the Harrison fight (I think) so he could well have been taking it easy/taking the p*ss given the outcome was obvious.

Comment

we'll see whether haye has real heavyweight power

or if he's just like michael spinks ....

chisora could blow him out in 3 rounds ...

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
                Very good point actually. It's easy to prance around for 12 rounds but it's a different game if pressured.

I remember Haye saying he doesn't do allot of road work and tends to stick to short circuit sprints as he believes that short bursts emulate fight conditions better which I found strange tbh. Not circuits but the lack of serious sustained road work/swimming/cycling or something similar as a basis to his cardio work out. ( I' no gym buff so correct me if I'm wrong).

It was the build up to the Harrison fight (I think) so he could well have been taking it easy/taking the p*ss given the outcome was obvious.
                HIIT trainingis what Haye does to emulate what happens in a fight. It works.

He does some longer cardio sessions, but not much. Pacquiao does HIIT on top of regular work also. It's really a better way of training. It's good to have the longer sessions now and then to build up the overall stamina, but being able to jog for an hour means nothing in a fight. You need to be conditioned for those explosive efforts which HIIT takes care of.

Comment

People make it sound like Haye has the Power to knock Chisora out with 1 punch, but in reality its gonna take a combination to take him out, If this fight does end in a KO it will be a TKO where he lands so many shots that the ref stops the fight. Look at all the guys he Knocks out and most of them are from combinations of 4/5/6 punches not just 1 or 2.

Comment

will be a TKO where he lands so many shots that the ref stops the fight. Look at all the guys he Knocks out and most of them are from combinations of 4/5/6 punches not just 1 or 2.
                    Agreed. Glass chinned Audley had to take afew on the ropes beofre he finally fell over form the acumilation. Haye couldnt put him away with 1 shot like Sprott did and the fight was stopped iwth Audley on his feet scared to punch back. Derek might get stunned but I cant see him being knocked out. Haytes power is being over arted by many IMO. he hasnt shown great power at heavyweight. He clubbed a washed up Ruiz round the back of the head afew times but apart from that if you didnt know his record he just looks like a runner who would rather look good and lose than look bad and win.

Comment

If Chisora comes in around 240, he'll be fine

Hopefully not 261 like against Fury

Comment

Working...
                      X