Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So which elite fighters were in their prime when Pacquiao & Mayweather beat them?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryX.. View Post
    His Tito win is just as good if not better.Tito was undefeated and considered a beast and a 3 division champion with 16 defenses at ww

Tito was p4p#2 when Hopkins beat him and #1 contender at mw....Barerra was p4p#2 when manny beat him and ring champion..so lets not act like these wins are not comparable..not to mention Hopkins was what 36?? and manny was a young 20 year old fighting an older man while hopkins was fighting a much younger man
    Tito's a very good win but no way is a win over Tito at 160 better than a win over Barrera at 126.

A win over Tito isn't better than a win over Barrera in general. Let alone at those respective weights.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX.. View Post
      His Tito win is just as good if not better.Tito was undefeated and considered a beast and a 3 division champion with 16 defenses at ww

Tito was p4p#2 when Hopkins beat him and #1 contender at mw....Barerra was p4p#2 when manny beat him and ring champion..so lets not act like these wins are not comparable..not to mention Hopkins was what 36?? and manny was a young 20 year old fighting an older man while hopkins was fighting a much younger man
      I don't believe it is. I'm not going to discredit that win to make my case, because it was a great win for Hopkins, but Pacquiao over Barrera and Marquez is better, because those are two better fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza
        Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG GUNZ

Yeah, but unfortunately it's officially a Bradley win in the record books. Wish they would start a new rule where if a decision is so outrageous that the committee can officially reverse it.

Bradley isn't an elite fighter anyway.

Pacquaio beat Barrera when he was virtually in his prime.
        dude barrera was not in his prime...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          Shane Mosley was in his prime when Pac beat him.

Arum claimed that Pac and Mosley would fight toe to toe, and that Mosley was gonna be better than ever, they even boosted up the fight by showing clips of Shane back in the 90's when he was undefeated.

lol, green k sent.......

Comment

Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
            dude barrera was not in his prime...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            Perhaps not physically but in 03 I would say he was at his best.

Comment

See posters mentioning Bradley. They do know Pac lost that fight and it doesn't matter cause Bradley was never elite.

Comment

Manny has Barrera and Marquez.

Floyd has Castillo...I'd like to say Corrales but I'm not sure how primed he really way. Not Hatton. All the other fights were definitely not primes or elite

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                  ELITE fighters in their PRIMES?!?....all that talk about P4P top dog and best of the era bull**** is just talk huh?...its ONLY about 3 or 4 ELITE fighters in their PRIMES on their resumes COMBINED!!...Barrera and Morales went to war 3 times before Manny put hands on them....neither was in their prime AFTER those 3 classics imo....Chico had issues with the weight like Dawson had against Ward...so you have to factor that in the equation...Hatton was overrated...only one eye catching win on his resume when he fought Floyd...till this day, his best win is the Tszyu win and we all know Tszyu was at the end of his road and in his prime he would've iced Hatton

B.Hop beat more ELITE fighters in their PRIMES than BOTH of them COMBINED!!!...do the math!!
                  He actually hasn't.

Comment

Lol Barrera was not prime at his 61st boxing match. Winning doesn't equal prime. Prime is absolute best and being his 61st fight he wasn't his absolute best

And yes Hopkins over Tito is better than Barrera and Marquez. Not debatable

Comment

Working...
                    X