Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it cheating to step on someones foot to make sure they don't move away from you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it cheating to step on someones foot to make sure they don't move away from you?

Is it cheating or a legal tactic? Also, do you think it was intentional or unintentional?
    It's Cheating
    24.14%
    It's a legal tactic
    20.69%
    I think Marquez did it unintentionally
    44.83%
    Unsure
    10.34%

Fighting a southpaw who's better than me, I do it all the time. He can also step on my feet.
    Besides 6 times in a 12th rounder is nothing.
    Manny wasn't agressive enough and Roach had no ****ing idea what to tell him.

Comment

Wouldn't it actually not benefit a fight to step on another fighters foot because I mean that probably would give Manny an opportunity to knock Marquez down. I mean, I would think that a fighter would be off balance stepping on another fighters foot by accident.

So, I guess what you say makes sense that it was accidental but at the same time I think it actually gave Manny a chance to knock Marquez down.

Comment

.........he was fighting a southpaw .

foot stepping and head butts happen
        Last edited by LeG00N; 11-14-2011, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          ............he was a fighting a southpaw .

foot stepping and head butts happen
          exactly, I'm a southpaw myself and it happens constantly to me in sparring.

i'm a huge pac fan but even i found myself explaining to friends that this kind of things happen almost everytime, especially when the other fighter knows how to fight a southpaw well

Comment

So, its acceptable now to step on an opponents foot to land punches?

Comment

It happens often. Your feet are not planted and the punches are not as compact. How much attention are you are going to really put on the other guys foot to do it on purpose and not on your foe?

Comment

Marquez prob stepped on his foot a couple of times on purpose, but for the most part its accidental and it happens. I think its kind of smart on marquez's part if he did do some on purpose. Its cheap in a way, but in boxing sometimes you got to be a bit dirty. Its no different from clinching then hitting or pushing off.

Comment

So now foot stepping is now acceptable. But back then, it was not. There were a couple of fights in HBO and ESPN that a fighter that have foot stepping and it was discuss here in BS forum. You guys were complaining about that is not acceptable, a form of cheating. But since its Pac the one getting stepped on, now its OK.

Comment

I for the record am not saying its ok but it happens.

Accidents happen, did he do it on purpose a couple of times? i'm sure he did but if you know boxing thats just something that happens when a left and righty go at it. Its super frustrating in the gym

Comment

Working...
                    X