Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think has the best chance to defeat Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all the three guys have a chance...

cotto & shane being true welter weight that they are brings in all kinds of size advantage...

pac on the other hand, brings speed, agression, angles & south paw style that no other south paw could bring ...

first PAC beats Cotto, then go after PBF and close the show with Mosley ...

Comment

I'll be honest.

Before the fight last night, I thought Manny would hand Mayweather his first loss. After the fight, it was so obvious Floyd would be too big and too good defensively for Manny. I would like for a solid fight but to be honest, I don't think Manny would last 12 with Floyd and I'm not even a fan of 'Money' May. Pacman is a come forward brawler with footwork and is getting better technically, but everything Marquez does well, Floyd does better and in my opinion, that's all wrong for Pacman. I see him doing more that Marquez did but his aggressiveness will get him ko'd if they ever meet.

Floyd, too big, too smart, too well conditioned, too good defensively, too good countering aggressive guys.

On a side note, the fight last night really helped me appreciate what Hatton was able to do with Floyd for the first half of their fight. He was way more effective than Marquez and actually got Floyd's respect up until that point. Marquez was only able to garner respect by lasting the full fight even though he got annihilated.

In a way, this fight actually raised Hatton stocks a tad and I like that.
      Last edited by Chase8400; 09-20-2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        Let the debate begin. Even if you don't think any of the three could beat him just pick who you think has the best chance. IMO, it is Shane Mosley. Shane still has good speed but he also has good power.

I think Miguel would beat Floyd but Shane would have a better chance imo. I know Miguel beat Shane but it was obvious Miguel was struggling at the end and I think it could hinder him a big against Mayweather, plus Mayweathers speed is much greater. I still think Miguel gets it done but Mosleys speed and to follow that up with power would give him the best chance.

I think Floyd beats Manny so I don't have much to say about that other than size kills.
        No fighter as of now. The answer is HIMSELF.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          Miguel will put a hurt on FLoyd.

Whoever thinks Floyd will KO Cotto is a idiot!!!!!!!
          Floyd will give Cotto a boxing lesson!

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post

cotto & shane being true welter weight that they are brings in all kinds of size advantage...

pac on the other hand, brings speed, agression, angles & south paw style that no other south paw could bring ...

In my opinion, that would make Manny top 10 ATG, but I can't see it happening. I can picture him beating Mosley, maybe but not Floyd anymore. He is too good defensively and counters too well. Not to mention he's a lot bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post

Talk about a pipe dream.

Comment

Shane seems to be the flavor of the moment, which I agree. What I don't agree is that Manny has more of a chance than Miguel. Manny is going to get steam rolled once he starts fighting the big dawgs(that means Nov 14).

Comment

The only way that someone beats Floyd is if they can hurt him. Manny can't, Shane would never find him to hurt him IMO, which only leaves Cotto. The big question is can Cotto deal with Floyds speed which we'll have an idea about after his fight with Manny. Right now I would say that Cotto has a small chance and the rest have near no chance.

Comment

they would all lose by different degrees, Mosley by close ud, Cotto by wide UD and pac by ko

Comment

any real high class ww not the ones he picks... shane would smoke him, cotto can smoke him, clottey might 2, williams, floyd turned into a turtle everytime marquez attacked but the diff is marquez backed off a real ww will stay there and woop his ass

Comment

Working...
                      X