Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook Promises To Impress By Knocking Alexader Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I don't know about everyone else but this feels like an awkward matchup to me. One of the matchups that sounds random when announced and the type that never actually happens...

It keeps coming up in the news so I guess I don't have any legit reason to doubt it but the fight has never felt to me like it's ever going to take place

Comment

Behind Brook all the way! Very confident he is going to win this, very confident.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
        Sure that was a sweet, once in a lifetime uppercut he threw against urango. Mainly do to poor defending. I'm not sold on Maidanas chin. He's been down plenty of times during his career but like against Alexander he recovered well. Ps, that picture there.. Look at the ending of the fight and see who looks like he won who looks like he lost.
        hard to tell if the uppercut that Alexander threw before Urango fell the second time made any contact, probably not. you have to give Devon credit, though - he meant to walk the guy onto a hard shot and that's what he did. Maidana may have been knocked down, but he's a tough guy, doesn't hurt easy.

it pains me to stand up for Alexander. i can't stand watching him.

ps. Froch figured he wouldn't get the decision because they knew they couldn't allow it to look remotely close in Denmark. McCracken was warning him about that throughout the fight.

Comment

Looking forward to this one. I think its a tough fight for both fighters..I got Brook winning though.

Comment

Originally posted by kennethjohn View Post
            do british people say knock off instead of knock out? or is this a typo in the post.?
            I think its just a typo in the title mate, as Brook doesn't use that quote in the story/article.

Comment

Originally posted by kennethjohn View Post
              do british people say knock off instead of knock out? or is this a typo in the post.?
              Ken, we say knock out as in "I'm going to knock you out" but in this case I think he means knock Alexander off the throne. Off his pedestal, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
                "knocking him off"???
                i hope brook's missus doesn't find out..
                That's what I thought.

Make it sound like Kell is planning on some man-love..

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  When are tickets actually going to be on sale is a better question. We're inside 6 weeks and I recently called the box office and they are still waiting on details. The new venue they are fighting at is an awesome site but with no promotion and tickets still not sale you certainly can't blame the public for not showing up.
                  I hope it gets sorted for you soon, mate. I remember the bout with Bradley was up that way & it was a terrible attendance - and both fighters were from the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
                    Kell Brook's not special and if he didn't know that already he will surely find out soon. Alexander will bash him, he won't win a single round and if he's not careful he's getting knocked out. Brooks brings nothing to this fight.29-0 against bums means nothing.You take Brooks and Khan,who has had quality opponents?
                    You take Brooks who's older than Alexander and compare their opponents.Alexander has been in far better fights than this Brook hype.Alexander's just too fast, too powerful, more experienced and too intelligent for this guy.This is a huge step up in class and soon Brooks will know he's a European level fighter.I can't wait to watch this fight.
                    Hey d*ck head,your gonna be eating your words come fight night.Kell Brook is gonna put an absolute beating on an Devon Alexander and send him back down to Jr Welterweight where he belongs.

Alexander more Powerful than Brook,gtfo of here lol

Brook is a beast at Welterweight and its gonna show when he gets in there with Devon.
                    [IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
                    Last edited by Boxing1706; 01-15-2013, 03:22 PM.

Comment

At his most runningnest, spoilingnest, and avoiding a fight at all cost best, Alexander is damn near impossible to look good against. Good luck to Brook.

Comment

Working...
                      X