Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares: Gonzalez Will Not Knock Me Out Again!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Mares: Gonzalez Will Not Knock Me Out Again!

Abner Mares (26-1-1, 14KOs), the former World Boxing Council featherweight champion, is concentrated on his rematch against Jhonny Gonzalez (55-8, 47KOs). The fight will take place on February 15 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. Their first meeting took place on August 24th at the StubHub Center, where a shocking result took place when Mares was dropped and stopped in the first round.

[Click Here To Read More]

i hope the kid can redeem himself....nobody wants to go out like that, especially not before he can atleast let the other guy feel his punches.

oh, the days of everyone wishing for a dream matchup between him and donaire...the old veteran johnny gonzalez and that amazing cuban boxing technician spoiled that.

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
      i hope the kid can redeem himself....nobody wants to go out like that, especially not before he can atleast let the other guy feel his punches.

oh, the days of everyone wishing for a dream matchup between him and donaire...the old veteran johnny gonzalez and that amazing cuban boxing technician spoiled that.

I hope he gets KO again. These fighters need to learn to respct the fighter that puts them down.

Comment

looking forward to mares regaining his title. my favorites are mayweather,mares,D garcia,broner,cotto,ward,santa cruz,and lara,peterson.

Comment

I still remember this, sweet justice against golden girls, they made comments about donnaire losing and then their boy got k0d

then richard came onto boxingscene and started whining and *****ing about everything evil that is top rank and hbo and has not stopped since, despite only the die hard floyd stans listening as we all know she is full of ****

Comment

Mares got balls for taking this one, Gonzalez could ruin his career so he better be more careful now.

Comment

wow he wont knock me out again i see a psychological disadvantage.

Comment

Glad Mares took this rematch immediately. As many times as he's punched guys in the balls, he seems to have absorbed them to make his own bigger.

Comment

I'm tempted to agree, but Johnny does have that type of power and goldenboy did motivate him by not paying him, so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
                    I'm tempted to agree, but Johnny does have that type of power and goldenboy did motivate him by not paying him, so who knows.
                    they paid him enough. he was just talking crap because he won the fight. but he do does deserve more now tha he's the champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X