Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the hardest punching Middleweight Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jackson had sickening power

that KO of graham was plain nasty, graham just dropped like a corpse, and it was one ****ing punch!!!

hearns had pretty sick power also

just a note seeing as hes on the list i remember reading somewhere that ray robinson said himself he was never a big puncher, he said the reason he puled off so many great Ko's was the fact he threw fast, well timed shots from awkward angles that caught his opponents napping, i dunno just what he said..........

Comment

Jackson was definitely the most powerful ever at junior middle. Ketchel is too hard to gauge given the wide gap in era (the gloves barely had any padding and the overall quality of fighters was lower). McClellan was murderous, with a chin to match.

Comment

i think gerald mcclenan or julian jackson, however i think kelly pavlik should be in this list.

Comment

Jackson knocked ppl senseless.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshanenas View Post
            This is something I've been thinking about and these IMO were the hardest punching middleweights I came up with

I wanna say Stanley Ketchel but I'm not to sure
            I couldn't vote..... Because Les Darcy was the greatest and most dynamite puncher than any Middleweight....... AND HE'S NOT THERE ????????????

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
              I couldn't vote..... Because Les Darcy was the greatest and most dynamite puncher than any Middleweight....... AND HE'S NOT THERE ????????????
              No way Darcy punched like Julian Jackson did. Better fighter? Sure. But, Jackson concussed people with one shot....concussed them.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                No way Darcy punched like Julian Jackson did. Better fighter? Sure. But, Jackson concussed people with one shot....concussed them.

in terms of lining a chin up and hanging it out there, and then blasting it into next week jackson is the hardest pound for pound puncher i've ever seen

not the greatest
                certainly not the craftiest
                but the hardest

he would hit guys and put them close to death
                eyes back in the head
                completely lifeless.
                with a ten oz glove on. he could knock a guy out without his feet set and moving backwards. he could seriously hurt a guy with an arm punch, or a punch was simply a part of a combination and not a real heavily loaded power punch

some of his opponents were a few baby steps away from dying.

they'd hit the ground completely unconscious. so often, in fact, that he adopted that funky little send off when he pointed at the ground before guys would fall.

the g-man is up there as well
                he was a brutal two handed puncher with much more craft in his offense
                (he had a beautiful jab to set things up)
                he was more of the boxer/puncher with a tendency to give up his height and throw combinations and impose his physical strength

whereas jackson's intentions were to simply figure out a way to hit you on the chin with his right hand or that hook over and over again until you went unconscious.

god put both men on the planet to concuss other grown men.

Comment

Stanley Ketchel threw Jack Johnson around the ring with his shots.

Comment

I'll go with Bob Fitzsimmons.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                      I'll take "Better fighter", over "Bigger puncher"anyway.Darcy was certainly better....... Also I can't believe nobody has even mentioned Rocky Graziano.... that guy hit like a truck according to many of his opponents,,,,,, I have heard Tony Zale and SRR raving about how hard Rocky hit....... why do you think Ray played it smart and moved and hit, move and punch....... A lot is said of Robinson's punching power,.. he is high on any list,... but Graziano was in another league....... At least he was put up there.

Comment

Working...
                      X