No announcement yet.

Richard Schaefer: I am working everyday to get Boxing back on network tv

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Schaefer: I am working everyday to get Boxing back on network tv

disregard everything he says about ufc in the vid and its at the end of the video. Nice to see the biggest Boxing promotional company in the world with the best stable trying to bring the sport to National TV. Boxing needs to get off premium cable and ppv.

Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing
    Richard Schaefer told me earlier,"I know eventually boxing will be back on CBS."

Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing
    Stephen Espinoza on the possibility of #boxing on CBS:"I believe CBS is open to the commitment with the right circumstances."
    Last edited by LasVegas Boxing; 07-18-2012, 04:16 AM.

Comment

This is why they are putting on a lot of 50/50 type match ups. Golden Boy are good for the sport overall. Boxing needs to get rid of the old guard, Arum, King, Warren, etc. Even though they were involved in some of the biggest shows of all time, they also helped kill the sport.

Comment

The 1st fight they should put on network tv is the mismatch of ginger-Lopez. That worthless fight shouldn't even be on showtime.

Comment

Enter people who think Golden Boy is some good guy compared to Top Rank.

Comment

More results, less talk.

This will probably happen at some point, but you just know that they will screw it up...if CBS can't afford one of the few stars who can get big primetime numbers in a MISMATCH, they will put on sub HBO BAD cards.

Best case scenario is to try for afternoon shows, because they will get killed in ratings for primetime with the typical boxing matchmaking.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
              More results, less talk.

This will probably happen at some point, but you just know that they will screw it up...if CBS can't afford one of the few stars who can get big primetime numbers in a MISMATCH, they will put on sub HBO BAD cards.

Best case scenario is to try for afternoon shows, because they will get killed in ratings for primetime with the typical boxing matchmaking.
              Someone like Canelo would not be killed in a primetime slot. As for other shows like the one NBC will likely do involving Adamek/Jennings yeah I think they're more suited for different slots. Canelo could do 10 million plus but Adamek or Jennings might do around 4 million.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
                Someone like Canelo would not be killed in a primetime slot.
                That's what I said. But my point is that CBS can't even pay for a Canelo mismatch.

No way Adamek or Jennings does anywhere near to 4 million viewers. They are nobodies to sport fans.

Comment

CBS are being smart about this IMO. It looks like they're negotiating to have good fights not just throwaway cards.

Comment

Working...
                  X