Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Danny Garcia Ducking Lucas Matthysse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Danny Garcia Ducking Lucas Matthysse?

WBC interim light welterweight champion matthysse (32-2, 30 KO’s) will be fighting lightweight hank lundy (22-2-1, 11 KO’s) on the undercard of the alexander vs. brook on jan 19 in LA. this fight is seen as a warm up for matthysse considering lundy is on a 2 fight losing streak.

according to an online poll conducted by the ring magazine, 27% of 3,855 fans wants garcia to fight matthysse in a sure barn burner, while 45% voted brandon rios as the top opponent for garcia.

hypothetically speaking, once garcia disposes of judah on feb 9, the next big fight is garcia vs. matthysse and should be done sometime july 2013. matthysse is the mandatory challenger to garcia's WBC belt and both are promoted by golden boy, so there is no reason for this fight not to get made. if GBP won't make this fight, it's because garcia (more like al haymon) is cherry picking his opponents and intentionally passing over legit competition. i'll boycott garcia's next fight if it's not matthysse.

your thoughts?

For sure.

I still don't know why he's fighting Judah.

Comment

sure, why not

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        For sure.

I still don't know why he's fighting Judah.
        it's all for the money, makes for good business. plus, i think GBP is cashing out on judah

Comment

We'll see after he beats Judah, if he beats Judah. No reason for the fight not to happen after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
            it's all for the money, makes for good business. plus, i think GBP is cashing out on judah
            Last I checked Judah wasn't with GBP

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
              WBC interim light welterweight champion matthysse (32-2, 30 KO’s) will be fighting lightweight hank lundy (22-2-1, 11 KO’s) on the undercard of the alexander vs. brook on jan 19 in LA. this fight is seen as a warm up for matthysse considering lundy is on a 2 fight losing streak.

according to an online poll conducted by the ring magazine, 27% of 3,855 fans wants garcia to fight matthysse in a sure barn burner, while 45% voted brandon rios as the top opponent for garcia.

hypothetically speaking, once garcia disposes of judah on feb 9, the next big fight is garcia vs. matthysse and should be done sometime july 2013. matthysse is the mandatory challenger to garcia's WBC belt and both are promoted by golden boy, so there is no reason for this fight not to get made. if GBP won't make this fight, it's because garcia (more like al haymon) is cherry picking his opponents and intentionally passing over legit competition. i'll boycott garcia's next fight if it's not matthysse.

your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by ATG Fighter View Post
                Last I checked Judah wasn't with GBP
                Main Events?

Comment

For some reason I don't think GB would like to make that fight just yet.

Comment

Don't know for sure...... Too early to tell

Comment

Working...
                    X