No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ponce Says Gonzalez Capable of Shocking Abner Mares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ponce Says Gonzalez Capable of Shocking Abner Mares

Daniel Ponce De Leon says former two division world champion Jhonny Gonzalez (54-8, 46KOs) is more than capable of beating newly crowned World Boxing Council (WBC) featherweight champion Abner Mares (26-0-1, 14KOs) on August 24th at the StubHub Center in Carson, California. Last September, Ponce won a technical decision over Gonzalez to capture the title - but then Mares stopped Ponce in May to win the championship.

[Click Here To Read More]

lmao dream on, Poncy..

Comment

i thought so too .. but abner seems to be a bigger puncher than he ever was at 126 surprisingly ,so i doubt it now ...plus , his camp always comes up with good strategy ...decent name to add his resume tho ..

Comment

Easy win for abner.
        That being said why would u beat ponce then want to fight the guy he just beat to get ta u??????!!!!
        Abner is either b**chmade or is one pertected p***y!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaldanaCC View Post
          Easy win for abner.
          That being said why would u beat ponce then want to fight the guy he just beat to get ta u??????!!!!
          and fight who? he would be a pssy how? If the best fighters in that weightclass all belong on the "enemy" promotional company. I would love to be enlightened though.

Comment

Originally posted by SaldanaCC View Post
            Easy win for abner.
            Kinfolk said pertected. LOL

Comment

Roman Gonzalez has a better shot than Jhonny

Comment

lol Ponce De Leon, Agbeko, Perez, Moreno AND Darchinyan?? doesnt sound "pertected" to me, more like well tested...

Comment

Originally posted by axo90 View Post
                  lol Ponce De Leon, Agbeko, Perez, Moreno AND Darchinyan?? doesnt sound "pertected" to me, more like well tested...
                  This. If you saw the Gonzalez and Ponce fight, I think it's clear he deserves a title shot. That fight ended because of an accidental head clash. That's a bad way to lose your title (I fully expected Ponce to win anyway though). I don't think Gonzalez wins but it's a solid fight. All the other good fights at featherweight will be difficult to make as well.

Comment

Jhonny's always got a shot w/his big punch but not vs Mares...his defense isn't the greatest, regardless of what Ponce said...

Comment

Working...
                    X