Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is this fukn stupidity gonna stop??: Shooting @ Taft High in Cali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will never stop. "Random" acts of violence are ****in devastating because they are RANDOM.

Comment

We've Resigned Ourselves To Our Own Lack Of Imagination

There is no real will to change. As a society we are awash with violence so grotesque and brutal I've long wondered how long it would take for use to become desensitized to its horrifying effects. The idea that we try to get control of culture that is clearly utterly run amok, from the gun lobby, to members of Congress is not unreasonable. But to some, sensible legislation translates into the elimination of the Second Amendment. That sort of leap in logic and outright paranoia should now be alarming the American people, and serves as an indication as to what we've become. We're not just a gun culture, we're a culture of fear and suspicion.

We become the society that we imagined, so as I look at this, it's clear that what we are is a fractured nation. Where people think the only way to protect yourself is with a gun. So we are 5% of the world's population but we possess over 50% of the guns, I'm wondering who are we supposed to be protecting ourselves from? Other Americans, or rooms filled with innocent six-year-olds that had potential lives in front of them? Who needs this many guns and who is the enemy?

Things will never change until we as a society demand more of ourselves and our children.

IMHO the Second Amendment fanatics hide a deeper agenda, a more ethic one, one that is confronting an America of ever changing demographics. Some people are so afraid of that that they fall back on what they think will protect them, a gun. It's the biggest deceiver in history because violence begets violence and only when reason is ultimately interjected can violence be overcome. So there are all these folks out there paranoid about the government, minorities, foreign countries and the list goes on. And what do they have to fall back on? Guns......

Kids get mowed down and the NRA makes a video involving the president's kids, this is the kind of America we're passing on to our children.....

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
        There is no real will to change. As a society we are awash with violence so grotesque and brutal I've long wondered how long it would take for use to become desensitized to its horrifying effects. The idea that we try to get control of culture that is clearly utterly run amok, from the gun lobby, to members of Congress is not unreasonable. But to some, sensible legislation translates into the elimination of the Second Amendment. That sort of leap in logic and outright paranoia should now be alarming the American people, and serves as an indication as to what we've become. We're not just a gun culture, we're a culture of fear and suspicion.

We become the society that we imagined, so as I look at this, it's clear that what we are is a fractured nation. Where people think the only way to protect yourself is with a gun. So we are 5% of the world's population but we possess over 50% of the guns, I'm wondering who are we supposed to be protecting ourselves from? Other Americans, or rooms filled with innocent six-year-olds that had potential lives in front of them? Who needs this many guns and who is the enemy?

Things will never change until we as a society demand more of ourselves and our children.

IMHO the Second Amendment fanatics hide a deeper agenda, a more ethic one, one that is confronting an America of ever changing demographics. Some people are so afraid of that that they fall back on what they think will protect them, a gun. It's the biggest deceiver in history because violence begets violence and only when reason is ultimately interjected can violence be overcome. So there are all these folks out there paranoid about the government, minorities, foreign countries and the list goes on. And what do they have to fall back on? Guns......

Kids get mowed down and the NRA makes a video involving the president's kids, this is the kind of America we're passing on to our children.....
        you running for prez??????????? good post son......may not agree with every single point you made but prop on he post green k

Comment

Working...
        X