Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson: If Victor Cayo Beats Me, I Might Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson: If Victor Cayo Beats Me, I Might Retire

Junior welterweight contender, Lamont Peterson, told BoxingScene.com on Monday that he will retire from the sport if he were to lose his April 29 clash with Victor Cayo of the Dominican Republic in a bout that is slated for the Cosmopolitan Resort in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Victor Ortiz's record took 2 big hits last weekend. Jessie Vargas battered Vivian Harris and Danny Garcia battered Nate Campbell. If Victor Ortiz's second conquerer gets defeated, Ortiz should retire.

Lamont Peterson is probably upset that he was robbed of his unanimous decision victory against Victor Ortiz which could be why he is thinking about retirement from boxing.

Lamont Peteson beat Victor Ortiz despite the fact that Ortiz cheated on the scales.
    Last edited by MXboxingfan; 04-12-2011, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MXboxingfan View Post
      Victor Ortiz's record took 2 big hits last weekend. Jessie Vargas battered Vivian Harris and Danny Garcia battered Nate Campbell. If Victor Ortiz's second conquerer gets defeated, Ortiz should retire.

Lamont Peterson is probably upset that he was robbed of his Unanimous decision victory against Victor Ortiz which could be why he is thinking about retirement.
      He didn't get robbed of **** he was lucky he didn't get KO'd in that fight this guy is a idiot if he thinks he is the best in the jr welter Division

Comment

Lamont Peterson is probably upset that he was robbed of his Unanimous decision victory against Victor Ortiz which could be why he is thinking about retirement.
        I had the Campbell fight a draw.Vivian Harris took to many punches 5 fights ago.

Comment

If he wins, he needs to promise not to grunt and yelp after every punch he throws.

Comment

You make some valid points. Good post.

In any event, I think that this might just be the way Lamont wants to bring his best game. Hyping himself up. Still, I don't see him having problems with a crude fighter like Cayo. Peterson struggled with guys that had some speed and could hit a little. Cayo can hit, but his technique suffers and he throws very wide punches.

I doubt he'll retire either way. Regardless, if this were true, I wouldn't worry as I see him beating Victor Cayo.

Comment

I hope Cayo pull off the upset, but I highly doubt it.

Comment

Lamont Peterson is probably upset that he was robbed of his unanimous decision victory against Victor Ortiz which could be why he is thinking about retirement from boxing.
                Robbery? Wow man.

Well I think MontP will knock Cayo out to get somme momentum back. He's a little to durable for Vic. I bet a few points on the KO.

Comment

Sign of a mental midget. Can't stand these type of fighters.

Comment

Lamont Peteson beat Victor Ortiz despite the fact that Ortiz cheated on the scales.
                    ortiz clearly won the fight. And julio diaz said the same thing when he fought cayo but he is still fighting on.

Comment

Working...
                    X