Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why dont bars and sports bar show boxing ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why dont bars and sports bar show boxing ?

At least here in Texas they dont seem to show boxing. Mayweather-Mosley is the only fight i remember in the last 10 years that has been shown at a bar or places like Buffalo Wild Wings.

On the other hand every sports bar or bar in town shows PPV UFC events. To me that is the main reason that UFC does so good with its PPV numbers. Is it b/c the bar attracts the frat boy type guys that just love watching street fights or what ? There is probably 20 places around town last week that were showing the UFC PPV event. So if there is 20 around here, that means there has to be hundreds of thousands of bars around the US that probably get them, therefore giving UFC good numbers. The week before me and some buddies had to go to the theatre to watch the Marquez PPV b/c there wasnt any bars showing it around here.

What about other places, do you guys get boxing at the bars ?

they do where im from all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
      At least here in Texas they dont seem to show boxing. Mayweather-Mosley is the only fight i remember in the last 10 years that has been shown at a bar or places like Buffalo Wild Wings.

On the other hand every sports bar or bar in town shows PPV UFC events. To me that is the main reason that UFC does so good with its PPV numbers. Is it b/c the bar attracts the frat boy type guys that just love watching street fights or what ? There is probably 20 places around town last week that were showing the UFC PPV event. So if there is 20 around here, that means there has to be hundreds of thousands of bars around the US that probably get them, therefore giving UFC good numbers. The week before me and some buddies had to go to the theatre to watch the Marquez PPV b/c there wasnt any bars showing it around here.

What about other places, do you guys get boxing at the bars ?
      I live in Texas and watch boxing at sports bars all the time. You must be from a small town or something because I have hit up sports bars in SA, Austin, Dallas, Houston and just about every other big city.

Comment

this is a stupid ass question, and a dumb ass thread. it's obvious that UFC is chipping away at boxing, and who blames em? boxing is so corrupt right now boxers dont'even fight for glory and legacy, they just think about the money. but trust me, when may-pacquiao happens...there's NO WAY IN HELL that dana white is putting a PPV on that same night, as he probably himself will be watching it from his living room.

Comment

Some bars do but the problem is most of this country is soft and think boxing sucks its really a ****ing shame.

Comment

I live in EL Paso TX and they show boxing in bars all the time here. And the UFC thing well boxing tends to attract middle aged men, UfC attracts a lot of young Men and women. Which group you think does better buissness for bars?

Comment

A SPORTS BAR that doesnt show boxing? You sure you didnt walk into a Chuckie Cheese?

Comment

i am about 30 miles from Dallas and there is never boxing shown at bars around here. I know there are some strip clubs in Dallas that show boxing PPV's. But none of the Buffalo Wild Wings or Hooters around here ever show PPV events unless it is a Mayweather-Mosley type card.

Comment

Cuz they'd rather watch da big game instead.. ahuhhchk..

Comment

I read an article that interviewed several bar owners and said they don't show boxing because the patrons always turned violent on eachother. Not my words. I was kinda shocked because MMA seems to attract a younger, rowdier crowd.

Comment

Working...
                    X