Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios: We Didn't Hire Ariza For Inside Info on Pacquiao!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rios: We Didn't Hire Ariza For Inside Info on Pacquiao!

As the days draw nearer for Brandon Rios and Manny Pacquiao to square off on November 23rd in Macau, China , more underlying stories appear to be developing. One of the biggest ones is that Rios is now working with Pacquiao’s former strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza in preparation for this fight.

Ariza has worked with Pacquiao since 2008 when Pacquiao was preparing for his rematch with Juan Manuel Marquez. Since then, Ariza had been instrumental in preparing Pacquiao for his fights and the constant moves up in weight classes throughout the years. But in a surprising turn of events, Ariza was fired from Team Pacquiao and since then his services are now being used by Rios.

BoxingScene caught up with Brandon in Oxnard and was asked if bringing in Ariza was done to be able to have an advantage over Pacquiao knowing Ariza had worked closely with him for the last 6 years. [Click Here To Read More]

Sure Rios... Ariza was just hired for his drama queen status & conditioning skills.

Comment

****ing liar Brandon lol!

Comment

I wouldn't be suprised if Ariza tried to help in strategy at least a little bit during this camp. The problem is that you can't teach speed and power. Pacquiao has them in spades and Rios will be finding that out.

Comment

pacman doesnt worry about that, he's worried he might kill you

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            I wouldn't be suprised if Ariza tried to help in strategy at least a little bit during this camp. The problem is that you can't teach speed and power. Pacquiao has them in spades and Rios will be finding that out.
            You can teach speed, Bag drills teaching fighters to keep their elbows in, punching in tight poster, trust me friend I can teach someone how to become faster

Comment

and I don't smoke weed to get high

Comment

I believe Ariza will prepare him to be the strongest Rios he's ever been. But poster above is right, you can't teach proper boxing technique using a conditioning coach. Pac is much skillful than he is and it will show.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                  You can teach speed, Bag drills teaching fighters to keep their elbows in, punching in tight poster, trust me friend I can teach someone how to become faster
                  You can't teach natural speed, and reflexes, you can only work on what you already naturally have.

Comment

There's not really much Ariza can tell Rios that they don't already know. Maybe a bad habit here or there, but that's about it.

I just hope If it comes to it, that Garcia doesn't let Pacman destroy rios career like he allows PAC to destroy margaritos. That fight went on way to long.

Comment

Working...
                    X