Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Pacquiao have gotten more credit for beating Andre Berto than Shane Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He would of got far more credit for beating Berto than he has got for beating that version of Mosley.

Mosley is clearly over the hill and had just come off a one sided loss to Mayweather and a draw with Sergio Mora who is decent but Mosley was expected to beat soundly.

Berto on other hand was a young undefeated champion.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      I think so. Mosley proved to be a giant waste of time and just plain over the hill as well.

Berto, while he hasn't done anything special, was like you said, young, undefeated and in his prime.

I know why The Bobfather chose mosley over berto though, for sure. Name value. Kinda backfired though.

that and he wouldn't have had to deal with Al Haymon

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        From me? Yeah.

History wont give a damn about Berto tho and in 30years time looking back at the books an old Mosley will be more impressive than a who the fuck was that Berto
        I guess that is true if you just want big names on your resume, but fighting Mosley is no different from someone fighting Roy Jones, there a shell of them old selves.

Comment

i'm still surprised how can people be putting berto on pac's hitlist. he has never beat anyone meaningful. the ortiz fight just proved pac was right to go with mosley. it was a huge stinker, but berto would have been KO'd in 2 rounds against pac, with the stamina he showed in the ortiz fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Nah what?

Who are these people that wanted to see the Mosley fight outside of Pac fans?

Of course he would have gotten more credit for beating a young prime undefeated fighter.
            the question was not "what would you have rather seen?"

the question was "would he have gotten more credit?"

the answer is no he wouldn't have gotten more credit.

berto is garbage.

mosley is shot but at least he had name.

now stfu.

Comment

Why should Mosley fight be a respectable win for Pac? It's one of Mayweather's leftovers.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                Do you think Pacquiao would have gotten more credit for beating a Young, Undefeated, Prime, ranked #2, WBC champ, than beating a guy that the world called old during the Mayweather and Mora fight?

Or was a victory of Mosley still respectable?
                yes, but I'm sure the most rabid anti-pac posters would find flaws in that matchup too.

But seriously, not many legitimate fights Pac could have taken would have resulted in less credit than beating THAT version of Mosley coming from THOSE two awful performances.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                  I guess that is true if you just want big names on your resume, but fighting Mosley is no different from someone fighting Roy Jones, there a shell of them old selves.
                  Ur right man, i dont disagree. As a Mosley fan i just want him to hang em up, he shouldnt have been in there with Pac. Berto presented more of a danger, i fancied that one a bit tho knew Manny would KO him. But like i say in 30 years when new fans are assessing his career lookin at the books its not been SOOOO long since he tore up Margarito, Mosley will always be a name (even if it didnt actually mean ***** when it happened) and Berto will be nothing more than a super hard boxing trivia question!

Comment

any fight that is viewed as a mismatch will not give a lot of credit to the fighter favored to win especially if ends up an early ko.

pac-berto is a mismatch and so was pac-past prime mosley. prime for prime pac-mosley would have been a great fight though.

Comment

Berto who? In 5 years no one will remember him. He is lucky he lives in the U.S. and fights in HBO. To be honest, he should have been fighting in ESPN then he would have been forgotten easily. Berto was a waste in air time and in getting title fights. I can think of several welterweights deserving of title fights like Mike Jones as the first one in the list.

Comment

Working...
                      X