No announcement yet.

Measured Against All Time - James Toney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measured Against All Time - James Toney

By Cliff Rold - James Toney has been a special fighter, a throwback to earlier eras whose instincts and talents were obvious from early on. It is those truths which leave many still disappointed, frustrated, as viewers of his remarkable career. The saga continues Saturday at Heavyweight against late replacement Fres Oquendo (29-4, 18 KO). For the curious, Toney has weighed in at a reasonable (for him) 230 lbs. for the contest. [details]

good article, well written and balanced

Comment

James Toney was and still is great, current fighters wish to have the talent "Lights Off" has!! Ok RJJ was great, moving up to defeat a bum by the name of Ruiz. But regardless of the steriods case surronding the Ruiz v Toney fight, you can say James defeated Ruiz in the same fashion as RJJ.

Comment

These are good good articles Cliff. Keep them up. James Toney is a brilliant fighter, one of my favourites, and this was a good article explaining why. It would be a stunning accomplishment if he could just grab a HW title. Any one of them would do.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          These are good good articles Cliff. Keep them up. James Toney is a brilliant fighter, one of my favourites, and this was a good article explaining why. It would be a stunning accomplishment if he could just grab a HW title. Any one of them would do.

yea real great. cliff should slap himself if he has calzaghe an all time great and not oscar. you think oscar couldn't get a crappy wbo belt and defend it 21 times against bums then move up and beat a faded julio cesar chavez? guess we should reward people for being such ******* like calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            yea real great. cliff should slap himself if he has calzaghe an all time great and not oscar. you think oscar couldn't get a crappy wbo belt and defend it 21 times against bums then move up and beat a faded julio cesar chavez? guess we should reward people for being such ******* like calzaghe.
            .....ahhhh, ok.

Comment

good article. toney is 1 of my favorite fighters of all time. his style is old school. i would put him ahead of calzaghe based on his resume. if they ever fought he would destroy him

Comment

Toney is the man, but if he is an inch above 5'9" then I must be 6"1", and I dont think I stand over 6' lol. But yeah, well written. I forgot he fought Steve Little and Drake Thadzi...

Comment

great fighter, a real throwback. alot of fighters use the terms old school or throwback fighter but james really is that type of fighter. he is guy who is dedicated to honing his craft, he loves boxing and he loves boxing.

he sums it up when he says: "all you mother****ers have to train, i was born to fight!"

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
                    great fighter, a real throwback. alot of fighters use the terms old school or throwback fighter but james really is that type of fighter. he is guy who is dedicated to honing his craft, he loves boxing and he loves boxing.

he sums it up when he says: "all you mother****ers have to train, i was born to fight!"
                    u hit it on the head fam

Comment

Working...
                    X