No announcement yet.

Why does boxing work THIS way?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
    Let's be honest though. If Dawson fought Hopkins, he'd look terrible too.
    Dawson looked terrible against Glenn Johnson, **** if Dawson fought Hopkins he'd be exposed completely and would lose in my opinion. The hype-train of Dawson went up when he destroyed a totally shot tarver.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanus View Post
      Calzaghe beats an old but game Hopkins, who has had some credible wins over the last 2 years.. and gets no credit. Why? Because Hopkins is old.

Dawson beats an old, ****TY looking Tarver, who hasn't looked good for YEARS.. and now he's the best thing since 'sliced cheese'?

Let the thread commence..
      Err, no credit. That's funny considering Calzaghe's rated at p4p number 2 or 3 by some idiots and you certainly rate him around there, am i right? You're so see through. Sure i agree Dawson is being over hyped but it has not come even close to what Calzaghe has been. In the end of the day he spent his whole life ducking America as a continent and after ONE fight vs a 43 year old Hopkins (who btw was still able to knock the sucker down lol) he's p4p number 2. HAHAHAHAHAA talk about being over hyped.

If you were expecting something the likes of "it's because he's white and whites have it worse" wait for Tunney or Wlad Owns and help them finish their rap song: "no parking slot and other teenage problems" while you're at it.. :\

If you want to grow up and be real take my take on this because this is as real as it gets. I'm no hater.

Comment

Calzaghe beats an old but game Hopkins, who has had some credible wins over the last 2 years.. and gets no credit. Why? Because Hopkins is old.

Dawson beats an old, ****TY looking Tarver, who hasn't looked good for YEARS.. and now he's the best thing since 'sliced cheese'?

Ronald "Winky" Wright

Comment

Calzaghe was already ranked pretty high up on the P4P list before beating Hopkins so your point is moot.

Comment

For starters, Chad actually looked like a good fighter against Tarver, where as Joe looked like an.... active fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
              Well i think it's because Calzaghe didn't beat Hopkins convincingly, and Calzaghe is supposed to be an accomplished fighter. While Dawson is young and Tarver was considered as more of a test for him, and Dawson basically gave a boxing Lesson to Tarver.

Plus, a lot of people don't like Calzaghe for various reasons, founded or not.
              Well said sir. If Joe would have given Hopkins half the beasting Dawson gave Tarver I would gladly give him the credit. instead he got floored by B Hop and in my boo won a close fight by the few hairs left on his chin after the right hands Hopkins was tatooing him with.

Comment

It's because Calzaghe thinks he beat a great and tries to hype it up, calls himself a legend killer. Dawson knows Tarver was old, his corner even said it in the middle of the fight.

Calzaghe got a horrible win too, it could have gone ether way, that entire fight I didn't see Calzaghe land anything meaningful..which is why 12 good right hands from Hopkins in that fight was more than anything Calzaghe landed.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                  It's because Calzaghe thinks he beat a great and tries to hype it up, calls himself a legend killer. Dawson knows Tarver was old, his corner even said it in the middle of the fight.

Calzaghe got a horrible win too, it could have gone ether way, that entire fight I didn't see Calzaghe land anything meaningful..which is why 12 good right hands from Hopkins in that fight was more than anything Calzaghe landed.
                  damn right!!!now how you like them apples!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by MacChamp View Post
                    Dawson looked terrible against Glenn Johnson, **** if Dawson fought Hopkins he'd be exposed completely and would lose in my opinion. The hype-train of Dawson went up when he destroyed a totally shot tarver.

Dawson would look bad, but he'd win the same way Jermain Taylor did, which is still better than what Calzaghe did..I still can't get over how he won that fight..I've watched it at least 20 times.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                      Dawson would look bad, but he'd win the same way Jermain Taylor did, which is still better than what Calzaghe did..I still can't get over how he won that fight..I've watched it at least 20 times.
                      calzaghe won because of the new word invented just for him..workrate-meaning you dont even have to land the slaps just keep slapping-pathetic..hopkins did the most damage in that fight

Comment

Working...
                      X