No announcement yet.

Fractured thumb bone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fractured thumb bone

well last night I was sparring about 5 rounds. I hurt my thumb really really bad but I kept going anyway and ended up hurting it about 3 times between round 4 and 5, by the end of round 5 I was in horrible pain and had to stop sparring. I couldn't go to bed last night from the horrible pain. I went to the hospital this morning and they said it is a hairline fracture and gave me a little thumb guard not even castes it or nothing. I used a pair of everlast professional training gloves the 80 dollar ones. Ever since Ive used them ive hurt my hand tons of times in them. The doctor said I would need about a month maybe more to recover. I am not even 18 years old and can not afford to already be getting hurt like this. The doctor said its highly likely that im going to have arthritus in my hand that I hurt. Please share your comments on this situation.

My thoughts? We all like to act tough, but **** like this happens in the end.

If you feel your hurting, swallow your pride and quit. Its not worth hurting for the rest of your life for.

Comment

try new gloves and handwrapping techniques before thinking of quitting

Comment

You've got to rest that fracture. Repetitive trauma and weight bearing i.e. hitting the bag/body, to a hairline fracture before the recovery is completed can cause the fracture to worsen. Being a young fella and ONLY a hairline fracture, rest it for a month and you should be able to get back to the gym no dramas.

Comment

I am not quiting or even thinking about it. I am going to start wrapping my hands with two handwraps each hand. I am also going to invest into some good hand protected gloves.

Comment

Im not saying quit the sport, I mean quit the bout/sparring session/traininng etc when your body tells you somehting is wrong.

Comment

yeahh.. i broke my thumb twice, one back in like 6th grade and again in 8th grade all because of a bad punch. it like dislocated, the bottom of my thumb popped out. and the doctor said i chipped the growth plate sad. young and stupid.

Comment

^ both in the same place

Comment

Working...
                X