No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves, Adam Booth Have Decided To Part Ways

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: George Groves, Adam Booth Have Decided To Part Ways

London's Adam Booth has reached out to BoxingScene to confirm Carl Froch's claim that the experienced trainer has parted company with Hammersmith's Super middleweight contender George Groves. Froch revealed the news during an interview with talkSport earlier today. When asked to confirm it by BoxingScene, Booth gave one word answer "True" before giving permission to spread the word.

It leave former British and Commonwealth champion Groves, 19-0 (15), with a decision to make as he prepares for his November 23rd WBA and IBF title showdown with Carl Froch at Manchester's Phones 4U Arena, the 25-year-old formed an exceptional partnership with his former trainer and will now have to recreate that chemistry with a new team and do the work necessary to win the bout. It's a big ask, but Groves is a big talent and will have learned a lot under his former mentor.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What the fuk?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      What the fuk?
      Wow, not the build up you want before the biggest fight of your life.

Didn't see this coming.

Comment

Da Fuq...
        Didn't see that coming....

Comment

had no chance to win the fight now it's shot to sh*8 ill still watch froch is always in a great fight

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Wow, not the build up you want before the biggest fight of your life.

Didn't see this coming.
            There goes his chance to win the fight IMO.

Booth's "run, feint and throw 2 punches a round" tactics were his only chance.

Comment

Adam Booth tweeted this picture less than a week ago

Surprising. Something serious must have gone down, but then again, it may be bs.

You never know with Hayemaker.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Adam Booth tweeted this picture less than a week ago

Surprising. Something serious must have gone down, but then again, it may be bs.

You never know with Hayemaker.
                havent seen that lebron jersey in years, everyone i know that had one got rid of there's either by fire or throwing it in the trash lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  There goes his chance to win the fight IMO.

Booth's "run, feint and throw 2 punches a round" tactics were his only chance.
                  I agree. But Groves has quite a fan friendly style i'd say.

All the attributes that has brought him to this position are Hayemaker (booth) like. The stiff pot-shot jab, the short right hand, the footwork and movement.

But if it is true, I don't see how he could win the fight. Wrote a trusted source for confirmation, will post when I know more.

Comment

Is this Hearn's doing? To get him to completely sever his ties with Hayemaker..?

Comment

Working...
                    X