No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Revelations coming to PS3, XBox 360, Wii U, PC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Revelations coming to PS3, XBox 360, Wii U, PC

This is a great game, I have it for the 3DS and it's definitely old school Resident Evil. If you liked Resident Evil 1-4/Code Veronica/Lost In Nightmares DLC[RE5], you'll like this one.

I think what Capcom is doing here is trying to calm the RE fanbase down after the backlash they got from RE6. This is definitely a must have game, it's really fun and it looks like it's the exact same as the 3DS version only of course PS3/Xbox 360/Wii U/PC graphics.

I'm excited for this release.

BTW, please Capcom, RE 1-3 remakes for PS3 dammit.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    This is a great game, I have it for the 3DS and it's definitely old school Resident Evil. If you liked Resident Evil 1-4/Code Veronica/Lost In Nightmares DLC[RE5], you'll like this one.

I think what Capcom is doing here is trying to calm the RE fanbase down after the backlash they got from RE6. This is definitely a must have game, it's really fun and it looks like it's the exact same as the 3DS version only of course PS3/Xbox 360/Wii U/PC graphics.

I'm excited for this release.

BTW, please Capcom, RE 1-3 remakes for PS3 dammit.
    I'm going to have to look into this. If it's more along the lines of the original 'Resident Evil' games then it's a first day purchase for sure.

I also concur with the idea of remaking the original trilogy for a new console. People tend to forget just how ****ing good those games actually were. the RE remake for the Gamecube is still the best RE game to date, IMO, with 2 and 3 following closely behind it.

Comment

Yeah, it's basically a No nonsense, no bullsh-t Resident Evil game. It was created for the fans like us that were b-tching about wanting the old RE back. The only drawback was that it was a 3DS exclusive. Now that drawback is gone and they're adding more features to it.

Check out the reviews for the 3DS version, I can't see how Capcom can ruin this game unless they add permanent Co-op to Jill. In the 3DS she's solo, with only at times in the storyline her teammate joins her.

Comment

Just checked out quite a few video reviews.

The story seems ******ed, but 'Resident Evil' was never really known for it's amazing storylines. I'm not really a fan of switching to first person view when targeting enemies, either.

I'm on the fence about this one. The parts set on the ship look amazing and more along the lines of the original games, but the other parts just look forced and stupid.

I'll be following this one closely.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          Just checked out quite a few video reviews.

The story seems ******ed, but 'Resident Evil' was never really known for it's amazing storylines. I'm not really a fan of switching to first person view when targeting enemies, either.

I'm on the fence about this one. The parts set on the ship look amazing and more along the lines of the original games, but the other parts just look forced and stupid.

I'll be following this one closely.
          Me either, I wouldn't have bought the game if there was no option for 3rd person aiming perspective. You could have the aiming as either FPS or 3rd person in options>controls>aiming perspective. Pretty sure the option will be there for PS3. That was actually a make or break for me. Once I found out you could change that option, I went ahead and bought it.

Comment

Me either, I wouldn't have bought the game if there was no option for 3rd person aiming perspective. You could have the aiming as either FPS or 3rd person in options>controls>aiming perspective. Pretty sure the option will be there for PS3. That was actually a make or break for me. Once I found out you could change that option, I went ahead and bought it.
            Oh wow, so you can change that?

What a bunch of ****ty reviews I just watched from supposedly 'professional' game journalists who completely failed to mention the fact that you could change it.

I'd like to think that being given the option to change the game's presentation mechanics would be something a legitimate professional would mention in his review.

Weak.

Comment

It's the reason why I don't really take game reviews seriously.

When you tell me a game is rated 7.9 so it sucks, and another game is rated 9.6 so it has to be great, and you never even played neither game; there I know you're just a sheep [no you, just in general].

Most game reviews look into shredding a game so deeply, that they forget to mention a few things that could potentially be a make or break for the reader to buy the game or not.

Comment

It's the reason why I don't really take game reviews seriously.

When you tell me a game is rated 7.9 so it sucks, and another game is rated 9.6 so it has to be great, and you never even played neither game; there I know you're just a sheep [no you, just in general].

Most game reviews look into shredding a game so deeply, that they forget to mention a few things that could potentially be a make or break for the reader to buy the game or not.
                I definitely agree with the bolded, and it's not just in regards to video game reviews anymore, either. It seems to me that a lot of modern review outlets' sole aim these days is to just shred whatever they're reviewing, whether it's an album, a movie, or a video game.

I see it more often than not in regards to games, though. In some cases it can cause an entire genre to be nearly obliterated, such as was the case with JRPGs being released here in America.

Reviewers everywhere ripped the traditional turn-based style of combat found in nearly all Eastern RPGs to the point where it's nearly impossible to get a non-Western RPG these days without importing it.

Comment

Where's the zombies? We'll never have games like the original Res Evils again, part of what made them so great was the crappy controls and camera angles, running into walls while your being chased, having to actually think about saving ammo and having to find the damn typewriter to save the game.

Comment

I heard they're gonna want like $50 for it. 50 for a 3ds port? Lol. I thought it'd be a $20 digital download off psn. Waste of a damn bluray. Keep that little shit for 360 9gb dvds.

Comment

Working...
                    X