Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Khan chase a rematch with Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

How would you propose Garcia is going to "find a way" to land the left hook if Khan fights to a disciplined gameplan, moving around the ring using his jab and circling away from Garcias left hand? That's a pretty simple gameplan and one Khan has the toolset to execute

In
    My guess is Garcia would go to the body as he did in the first match but for some reason this has been over looked as people believe the LUCKY PUNCH myth. Khan can follow orders but can't think on his feet .Garcia can think on his feet and his strength is punching with his oponent in exchanges. At some point Khan will engage and Garcia will nail him. Watch the fight again and you will see Garcia nailed him with solid right hands as well. Garcia does not just have a left hook, he won't just allow Khan to hit and run he will go to the body and when he slows Khan down he is toast.
    FYI I thought Khan would walk the first fight but after seeing the way Garcia was working Khan out and getting better at it in the first 2 rounds and his body attack I had a strong feeling that Khan would not last.
    I think the rematch will happen if Khan wins a few fights and Garcia keeps hold of his title. By that time we will see if there is any improvement and changes in Khan.

Comment

What ever you say about amir goes for manny. Why does manny deserve a immediate rematch? He got knocked the **** out, for real. Just goes to show the double standards by you "fans" who base a boxers talent by their outside the ring likability.

Comment

why? so he can get murked again?

swifty is one of those fighters thats gonna keep winning, and the more wins the more people will say "he isn't special, all you need to do with garcia is this that and the other and you will win..."

lets see what some other guys who actually have world class skills can do to swifty, before talking about a (lol) khan rematch
        [and no I am not saying swifty is a world class elite fighter]

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
          why? so he can get murked again?

swifty is one of those fighters thats gonna keep winning, and the more wins the more people will say "he isn't special, all you need to do with garcia is this that and the other and you will win..."

lets see what some other guys who actually have world class skills can do to swifty, before talking about a (lol) khan rematch
          [and no I am not saying swifty is a world class elite fighter]
          Philly rules!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Philly rules!!!
            I cant argue that, but my better intuition tells me you are being disingenuous...

Comment

Just curious, why is there so much hype surrounding Garcia? Yes, he knocked Khan out; but he then went on to rematch Morales (for some reason), and is now defending his titles against Zab Judah. The same Zab Judah who quit against Khan back in 2011.

Its hardly progressive, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                Just curious, why is there so much hype surrounding Garcia? Yes, he knocked Khan out; but he then went on to rematch Morales (for some reason), and is now defending his titles against Zab Judah. The same Zab Judah who quit against Khan back in 2011.

Hardly progression...
                theres this thing called a rematch clause, if you beat the champ, he gets a rematch when he chooses, so theres your answer to that one.

as far as judah, I dono why swifty is fighting him, but I dont like it

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                  theres this thing called a rematch clause, if you beat the champ, he gets a rematch when he chooses, so theres your answer to that one.

as far as judah, I dono why swifty is fighting him, but I dont like it

Ah, OK.

What next for Garcia, then? A step up to 147?

Comment

Ah, OK.

What next for Garcia, then? A step up to 147?

well I'm sure there is PLENTY more for swifty to do at 140, but yea Im sure he will be at 147 in the future, he's a big boy...

Comment

Perhaps he'd consider fighting Prescott as one of his tune-up fights?
                      Thats actually not as crazy as it sounds. I think he should try to reverse against Garcia, if only for his own self esteem, but he needs a few fights first to gain some belief and Prescott would be a good fight for him provided he can get past Molina.

Comment

Working...
                      X