Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nathan cleverly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleverly, Mitchell.. Pair o' pretenders.

Comment

in his defence though he does have an actual title, so hes ahead of his colleague Joe Cal who was defending a minor title for years (wbo is worth a lot these days, but back in the 90s noone gave a fcuk about it). Yet this works against him, he wont have the option of fighting bums for years like Joe did - he will get better challengers than him.

What he doesnt appear to have is an 'great' attribute to fall back on when he faces an opponent who could outbox him. Joe Cal had his amazing stamina to outslap good opponents that outboxed him (Kess, Reid, old Bhop). But what will Nath do when he gets outclassed? He has nothing to fall back. Cant even wait till the greats get old, he will probably lose to Hopkins until that guy turns 50.
      Last edited by DreamFighter; 11-20-2012, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        in his defence though he does have an actual title, so hes ahead of his colleague Joe Cal who was defending a minor title for years (wbo is worth a lot these days, but back in the 90s noone gave a fcuk about it). Yet this works against him, he wont have the option of fighting bums for years like Joe did - he will get better challengers than him.

What he doesnt appear to have is an 'great' attribute to fall back on when he faces an opponent who could outbox him. Joe Cal had his amazing stamina to outslap good opponents that outboxed him (Kess, Reid, old Bhop). But what will Nath do when he gets outclassed? He has nothing to fall back. Cant even wait till the greats get old, he will probably lose to Hopkins until that guy turns 50.
        that's not "in his defence" lol. The fact Clev has a title (pretty much handed to him) is a disgrace and his list of opponents since "winning" that title is an even bigger disgrace.

I don't even like Calzaghe but christ even his record ****s over Cleverly's. Yes that even includes busting up Manfredo JR

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
          that's not "in his defence" lol. The fact Clev has a title (pretty much handed to him) is a disgrace and his list of opponents since "winning" that title is an even bigger disgrace.

I don't even like Calzaghe but christ even his record ****s over Cleverly's. Yes that even includes busting up Manfredo JR

At least Cal had HOF Eubank on his record early on, Clev has noone yet. Neither of them beat a champion to win their titles.

Clev plumbs new depths. 'At least' the only direction is up for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
            At least Cal had HOF Eubank on his record early on, Clev has noone yet. Neither of them beat a champion to win their titles.

Clev plumbs new depths. 'At least' the only direction is up for him.

You'd think so.

Then again you'd think that after fighting Karpency he "moved up" and fought the beast Shawn Hawk, I mean dam. Clev getting that work.

Guy's a bum. Christ even Bellew's record ****'s over Cleverly.

Comment

You'd think so.

Then again you'd think that after fighting Karpency he "moved up" and fought the beast Shawn Hawk, I mean dam. Clev getting that work.

Guy's a bum. Christ even Bellew's record ****'s over Cleverly.
              I fancy Bellew to overtake him, Hearn as his promoter and Froch as a sparring partner Bellew has a bright future.

Clev and Warren.........hmm I'm sure Clev will get there and he's obviously not bothered about having easy fights...Could be another money machine that doesnt really want to fight the best.

Comment

Was actually just thinking about Cleverly compared to Khan, same age / same fights but look at the opposition Khan has been in against.

No comparison, I know who I'd rather be! Just shows you how different careers pan out.

Comment

Originally posted by rampant View Post
                  Was actually just thinking about Cleverly compared to Khan, same age / same fights but look at the opposition Khan has been in against.

No comparison, I know who I'd rather be! Just shows you how different careers pan out.
                  Don't forget Khan left Warren & Frank didn't want Khan in their with Prescott.

One thing I gotta respect with Khan he does take on some challenges and isn't afraid. I watched the fight with Garcia again the other day and after the first KD or 2nd, I can't remember which, dude was still eating monster shots and coming forward. That kid's got heart.

Shame I can't say the same for Clev.

Comment

Don't forget Khan left Warren & Frank didn't want Khan in their with Prescott.

One thing I gotta respect with Khan he does take on some challenges and isn't afraid. I watched the fight with Garcia again the other day and after the first KD or 2nd, I can't remember which, dude was still eating monster shots and coming forward. That kid's got heart.

Shame I can't say the same for Clev.
                    Exaclty, so If Clev left Warren he would have progressed much faster and we would know exactly where he is, whereas now although he has a belt I wouldnt put him greater than Euro level at the moment.

Comment

He beat shawn hank! Come on now, give credit where credit is due.

Comment

Working...
                      X