No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado Drops His WCB Regional Championship

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado Drops His WCB Regional Championship

DENVER – Undefeated Top-10 junior welterweight contender MIKE ALVARADO has stripped off the World Boxing Council’s (WBC) Continental Americas super lightweight title he was scheduled to defend on Saturday night in his north Denver homecoming fight against former Méxican welterweight champion Gabriel Martinez. Alvarado had captured the vacant WBC Continental Americas title in his previous fight, in May, via a third-round stoppage of Ray Narh (25-2, 21 KOs), who had entered that fight rated No. 6 by the WBC and was riding a seven-year, 15-bout winning streak, with 12 of those victories coming by knockout.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good for him!! The WBC has become a joke!!

Comment

**** the WBC, and **** jose sulaiman.
      but its not just the sanctioning bodies. the major networks and promotional organisations need to be held to account.
      HBO screwed Martinez over just as much as the WBC did. and GBP are quite happy to profit from this fraudulent king making.
      more boxers need to stand up for the sport and for the fans.

Comment

Thank YOU! THANK YOU! Just for this you just earned yourself a fan. You smart bastard! WBC is a joke belt. Mike Alvarado, I saw your fights in ESPN but now every time you fight I will cheer for you. I hope you become a champion one day.

Comment

The WBC at one point the belt with the best champion.. Some of the best of the history..it's embarrassing what this Organization is doing nowadays with this Silver belt, Diamond Belt BS..now they want to sanction Barrios vs Morales for the title..what a ****ing joke..I still hate the WBA more though.

Comment

Mike Alvardo vs Brandon Rios for the vacant WBC belt

make it happen!!!!

Comment

The guys getting older, he needs to fight the top guys before time/talent is wasted. He's good though.

Comment

he's nice i been followin the guy since he fought on the cotto-margarito 1 ppv

like i been sayin I think he has what it takes but theres 2 people I think will beat him

#1 Khan beats him with ease (if he can get a wbc belt if he wants a khan fight imo i wouldnt avoid Khan)

#2 Robert Guerro "IF" he beats madiana I have the ghost beatin this kid

MAKE ALVARDO VS HOLT see how he does with a top 10 guy (i got holt #10)

then he should take a lamont peterson fight I think he Ko's peterson

Comment

The only way to fix the title problem in boxing is like this! Great job by Alvarado, If the TV networks and the fighters didn't recognize the bogus titles, and only accepted honest titles, this wouldn't happen. Right now the Ring Mag title is the only legit title out there.

Comment

Mike and his promoter sound noble, but Mike dropped three spaces because three other talented fighters moved ahead of him - Lucas Matthysse (after his controversial fight with #1 rated Devon Alexander), Humberto Soto (the Lightweight champ who moved up), and former champ Kendall Holt (who knocked out Julio Diaz in three rounds).

Does Alvarado deserve to be rated ahead of Matthysse, Soto and Holt? No.

And none of other organizations rate Mike as high as #10, so dumping the belt and alienating the WBC seems like a dumb move all around.

There are always two sides (or more) to a story.

Comment

Working...
                    X