No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marroquin Seeks New Opponent, Rigondeaux Scratched

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marroquin Seeks New Opponent, Rigondeaux Scratched

Super bantamweight contender Robert Marroquin has begun the search for a new opponent after his scheduled September 15 title shot against unbeaten Guillermo Rigondeaux was officially canceled on Thursday evening.

“Unfortunately my title shot against Rigondeaux has been canceled,” Marroquin stated. “However, I'm still in the gym working hard awaiting my new opponent.”

As reported earlier in the week on Boxingscene.com, a hearing in a Dade County (FL) Circuit Court was ruled in favor of Rigondeaux’s manager Gary Hyde to block the title fight since it was made without his involvement or knowledge. The final ruling stated that Rigondeaux is disallowed to engage in any contest without the approval of Hyde, with whom he is still under contract. [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-23-2012, 09:35 PM.

Damn that sucks. Rigo is 31, the time is now, he can't afford these type of set backs.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Top Rank had placed the bout on the Chavez Jr.-Martinez card with no contract, he says, and Top Rank scheduled the fight without his permission in spite of "lucrative offers" from other promoters.
        I wonder what these offers were.

Comment

mike lee?This a joke?Rather have mikey on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            I had a talk with Gary Hyde today and let me tell you the Golden Boy offer is a no brainer you are talking about Rigo making at least twice what he makes for Top Rank, I cant give out many details but it's obius that the people that would be excluded fom the Golden Boy deal are filling Rigondeaux's head with lies and are working together with Top Rank to take advantage of the man.

Comment

this is bull**** all of it, i wanna see rigondeaux cause havoc i know the dudes 31 but with the skills he possesses he could fight till he's 40 heck if they allowed it he could probably kick 2 guys asses in 1 night. RIGO NEEDS FIGHTS!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Damn that sucks. Rigo is 31, the time is now, he can't afford these type of set backs.
                Hard to say if this is a setback or a good thing. But one thing is for sure here, getting away from Top Rank is probably the better option for Rigo in this case. Arum been putting him on undercards but with what purpose? He still facing the same type of opposition and isn't moving him fast enough to a big fight. Im willing to bet GBP or TMT would move him faster in 3 fights than Top Rank has done in 10.
                Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Knowing Top Rank... Probably trying to scam the dude.

Comment

Lee looked pretty bad in his last bout against a guy who literally looked like they picked him up off the curb... he had good body punching though

Comment

Everybody wants a piece when they have there hands dipped in the boxing industry.Rigo needs to make moves fast and not waste prime.

Comment

Working...
                    X