No announcement yet.

Mijares vs Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
    Sadly, I think with the nationalistic theme and venue, the public will eat it up. One guaranteed win for Mexico (Marquez) and one win for Pinoys (Donaire). I would prefer two mismatches in favor of Filipino fighters lol.
    6,000 paid tickets, 85k total ppv buys.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      And I think 85K PPVs is more than this card would actually sell.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
        And I think 85K PPVs is more than this card would actually sell.
        Yep. The only way this card could do over 100k is if marquez was fighting Morales.

I don't think it makes a difference at all I'd donaire fights a bum or not it wont really increase ppv sales sadly.

Comment

I predict 8,500 paid tickets and 150,000 ppv buys. Arum is a good salesman. Arum should maybe move this card to a smaller venue.

How many buys do you think there would be if it was:

Marquez vs Miguel Vazquez (He's looking for a spot on Pac undercard why not this instead?)
          Donaire vs Nishioka

Both are good opponents for Marquez and Donaire but aren't very popular in the US. Nishioka would bring in the Japanese audience.

With this card, despite the better opponents, I don't see the buys and ticket sales to be that much better. But this card would be better for boxing fans.

Comment

Yep. The only way this card could do over 100k is if marquez was fighting Morales.

I don't think it makes a difference at all I'd donaire fights a bum or not it wont really increase ppv sales sadly.
            thats his and arums fault for not using pac as a springboard for his career. if i was him, id pretty much demand it. either way, it seems top rank is not going well at all for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              thats his and arums fault for not using pac as a springboard for his career. if i was him, id pretty much demand it. either way, it seems top rank is not going well at all for him.
              IDK, I think Nonito is going to fight either Mijares or Terrazas, then maybe Arce and after that he's going to move to 126 to become a "5 time world champion.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                Koncz hates Donaire and demands a cut from Pinoy fighters in a Pac undercard. So that won't happen anytime soon. I know quite a few Pinoys and Filipino Americans that don't know who Donaire is. Being on a Pac undercard would solve that.

Since Donaire's opponent wouldn't affect sales much. From a business standpoint, only Marquez's opponent would affect sales. Morales would be a profitable matchup but I think Morales fights for GBP. Can't think of a viable opponent for Marquez other than Antonio Demarco with so many tied up with opponents. Miguel Vazquez has no draw so I don't think Arum would make that matchup.

Mike Jones vs Juan Manuel Marquez? anyone?
                Last edited by AdamantiumPI; 02-27-2012, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Marquez I'm sure has a pretty big guarantee, that's the only reason I can think of why this is ppv.

Its not that arum is being a smart business man its more that arum is obligated to pay jmm. So that's why it doesn't matter if the ppv sucks as long has jmm gets his $2-$3 million or whatever it may be that's all that counts to arum.

Comment

Marquez I'm sure has a pretty big guarantee, that's the only reason I can think of why this is ppv.

Its not that arum is being a smart business man its more that arum is obligated to pay jmm. So that's why it doesn't matter if the ppv sucks as long has jmm gets his $2-$3 million or whatever it may be that's all that counts to arum.
                    Good point, I never though of that. Since Donaire's matchup won't affect sales, we're stuck with whoever Arum feels like. But if they're gonna put this in Cowboys stadium than they should get a decent opponent for Marquez. Miguel

Vazquez can't draw flies so Arum won't want to risk a Marquez-Pac IV. But would Gesta - Marquez sell more than Marquez - Mike Jones? Mike Jones TR and is a better opponent and has more potential star power than Gesta imo. Gesta is a future fringe contender imo. Winner of a Marquez-Mike Jones showdown gets Pacquiao? Wonder if Arum would do that.

Comment

Jones is way to big and that would be a very tough match. Arum wants marquez to look good.

Comment

Working...
                      X