Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ignoring the headbutt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salido might not have been doing as poorly, but to say he was coming on is a stretch.

It is like people saying Abraham was coming on in the Dirrell fight~ he might not have been getting dominated as thoroughly but there was not any meaningful change in the flow of the fight.

Also if a guy feels he is coming on himself, they don't make mistakes that end their chances like they did, they would have been much more careful. Even if it wasn't intentional, it wreaks of desperation throwing caution to the wind~
    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-21-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      I see a lot of people talking about this fight was changing, and that Salido was warming up. I will watch this fight again, but that is not what I saw at all. Yes, Salido was getting inside a little more frequently, but he was very ineffective when he did get inside. I think you all are misconstruing desperation(cause that's EXACTLY what it was)as Salido effectively getting inside Mikey's reach/zone of comfort with a planned attack predicated off of a mid-fight adjustment.

He(Salido)did nothing to "get inside" other than throw caution to the wind, as he already knew he was horribly out-classed on the outside, and was unable to find a responsible way to get in on the inside where he figured Mikey didn't want to fight(which I do believe he was right. Mikey didn't want any part of the inside game. And who could blame him if he was having so much success on the outside, and dictated every aspect of the fight. e.g. pace, tempo, geography of the ring ect.......). This fight was not changing for the better for Salido, he was well on his way to being KO'd before the headbutt took place.
      Agreed!!! But IMO thats what makes the fight a little more interesting. I watched Ben takie fight Roberto Garcia and lose almost every round...looked bad. Then with seconds of desperation ...takie in the last round land one. It changed the fight and the outcome...he wins by tko with seconds to go in the last round. (after being beat on)....We dont know what would have happen and we all have different views on what could have happen. But this is Boxing and one thing i know for sure...Anything can happen! Thats what was taken from us!

Comment

He was putting up more of a fight, that's for sure. But he wasn't gonna take control. He still was getting buckled by every straight right hand that connected. But yes Salido definitely was doing better.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          What's going on big bro,I don't know about Salido being KO'd bro..He was coming on and tbh Garcia looked uncomfortable..I'm not trying to downplay Mikey or bash the kid,but Salido was getting inside and taking Garcia punches better as well..Garcia was trying like hell to get out of range and at times even looked to be running..All I'm saying is that Garcia was looking uncomfortable at the time the fight ended..But I'm not saying Salido would have knock Garcia out or anything..Just that the fight looked to be starting to heat up for real...
          What goin on Rome mah Ace? IDK about this heating up thing everybody seems to think that Salido was coming into. Desperation would be the word that fits it more to me, than warming up. Salido is a slow starter but not THAT slow of a starter. I don't think that he was taking Mikey's punches any better than he was in the beginning of the fight, he was bending over and getting low to take Mikey's body shots away(that's how he got caught with that uppercut that floored him). Mikey could've put him away a round or two earlier, but didn't want to over commit and get caught, cause while heavily buzzed Salido can still be dangerous. Remembering back on the fight, it looked to me that Mikey was trying to set a trap for Salido, and position him to get caught while off balance(the running I see folks speaking of, looked to me to be a jock'ing for position if you will to set up the coup de' grace combo to end the fight and take the title).

The only adjustment I saw Salido make was the crouching to make himself smaller, and remove his body from the onslaught. Which in my eyes did him no favors as he started eating uppercuts, and squaring up a lot more than he already was to begin with.

Its good to see you on here choppin it up Rome mah homie. We aint talked about a good match in while bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
            Why is it that I'm not seeing anyone talk about the punishing body attack that Garcia put on Salido? He was killin him to the body. If a 2nd fight is made, ya'll are gonna see Salido get completely embarrassed and raped from pillar to post.
            i dont think anyone is saying Mikey wasnt beating Salido...I know im not. He was doing everything great. My only issue was the fight being stopped! Neither fighter was hurt enough to call it off! HOLYSHlT ...Rosados corner had to throw the towel in to save their fighter...and he still wanted to fight. And wouldn't have stopped. The Docs just looked and said, " Okay Bad gash over the eyes...Busted Nose bleeding profusely...busted lip bleeding real bad...cant see...ehh you're okay kid...go get em." :WORD: Mikeys nose is hurt and we gotta stop it. The bad this was Rosado was declining and beat badly...And Salido was okay and coming on!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              Agreed!!! But IMO thats what makes the fight a little more interesting. I watched Ben takie fight Roberto Garcia and lose almost every round...looked bad. Then with seconds of desperation ...takie in the last round land one. It changed the fight and the outcome...he wins by tko with seconds to go in the last round. (after being beat on)....We dont know what would have happen and we all have different views on what could have happen. But this is Boxing and one thing i know for sure...Anything can happen! Thats what was taken from us!
              Great example Pac mah homie. And Im with you in regards to anything can happen inside the ring. It's one of the reasons we love this beautiful sport of ours.

From what I remember of the fight. Mikey adjusted to everything that Salido threw at him. When Salido started trying to swarm his way inside, and Mikey would bring him in, take him, and turn him and continue the drubbing. Not saying that a change couldn't happen, but IMHO it was highly unlikely.

Somebody the other day made a thread about what happened to the swarmers in Boxing. Well I hope they watched this fight, cause Salido gave a good rendition of the swarmer style at certain parts in the fight.

Comment

Salido had been schooled and dominated by Mikey.

He was feeling desperate and throwing wild punches and the headbutt because he knew he was so far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  i dont think anyone is saying Mikey wasnt beating Salido...I know im not. He was doing everything great. My only issue was the fight being stopped! Neither fighter was hurt enough to call it off! HOLYSHlT ...Rosados corner had to throw the towel in to save their fighter...and he still wanted to fight. And wouldn't have stopped. The Docs just looked and said, " Okay Bad gash over the eyes...Busted Nose bleeding profusely...busted lip bleeding real bad...cant see...ehh you're okay kid...go get em." :WORD: Mikeys nose is hurt and we gotta stop it. The bad this was Rosado was declining and beat badly...And Salido was okay and coming on!
                  That Rosado made me a new fan of his last night. And if that cut wasn't in a bad spot Im sure they would've let him continue. If Rosado would've came out strong from the get go, we coulda saw a entirely different fight than the fight that we saw. He gave GGG waaaaaaaaay to much respect, as if he didn't know if he could take GGG's shots or not. But once he tasted GGG's best and found out he could take it, he was giving GGG all he could handle. I want to see a rematch of that fight fasho.

We also saw Rosado declining because not only could he not see, but he was having a very hard time breathing. Which would have been the same problem for Mikey had he continued.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
                    YUP. and Salido knew he needed a KO to win. Those last 3 rounds would have been very interesting.

I hate controversial endings. fans get robbed everytime.
                    That's the thing, there weren't 3 rounds left, there were 4 rounds left. So much could have happened in those 4 rounds. Salido could have heat up even more and make it much better fight, Garcia could have knocked him out/win a 12 round decision. But with the fight being stopped in the 8th, just when Salido was landing more cleaner power punches, it's a shame we missed out on some potentially good rounds and maybe even some scary moments for Garcia that young fighters tend to go through against tough veterans.

Comment

Salido was definitely getting closer and landing more than he had at any point in the fight.

The last few rounds may have been interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X