Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Oxandia Castillo Shocks Hanna Gabriel, TKO in Two

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Oxandia Castillo Shocks Hanna Gabriel, TKO in Two

The entire crowd at Estadio Ricardo Saprissa in San Jose, Costa Rica was shocked with the outcome of the main event, when Oxandia “La Loba” Castillo (12-0-2, 9 KOs), an undefeated 18-year-old Dominican boxer, captured the WBO super welterweight championship by stopping previously undefeated hometown champion Hanna Gabriel (13-1-1, 9 KOs). Gabriel was coming off a long layoff due to ongoing back issues that led to surgery. She got caught hard by a right hand that put her down on her back and the referee deemed her unfit to continue when she beat the count.

[Click Here To Read More]

Shocked.

I really hoped she'd return with a win but it wasn't meant to be.

Comment

Gregory Evertsz

Oxandia Castillo is now the world champion, and she deserves it! Unrightfuly she came into this fight on a 9 - 1 odds because she was unknown outside D.R. where there is no real test for her, but she has always been a great fighter and will only become better since she is only 18 years old, her virtue can easily be compared to the best female of all time Jizelle Salandy. It will not be a surprise or 'shock' to any of those who know her when she conquers similar boundaries.

Comment

Quite excited to see how her career goes. Not many people can bash Hanna Gabriel!

Comment

You're right, not many people can, but Oxandia did and now she's the world champion.

Comment

Castillo's got some Tua legs.

Comment

Watched this fight and I have to say it was pretty damn exciting. I thought Gabriel was winning the fight and even outclassing Oxandia at times, but that KO shot was a beauty.

Women's boxing needs more of these match ups, and will continue to gain popularity if that happens. I like the way the Germans and Russians do it, putting a women's match on the undercard of the big fights.

Comment

Working...
              X