No announcement yet.

Jake Lamotta vs Roy Jones Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Lamotta vs Roy Jones Jr

1993 Roy Jones Jr vs 1942 Jake Lamotta(The year he beat Robinson) at 160lb.

Can Lamotta do what he did to Ray, to a 1993 Roy Who had just won a portion of the 160lb Title?

Who wins & how?
    Lamotta Via Decision
    12.90%
    Lamotta Via KO/TKO
    22.58%
    Jones Via Decision
    45.16%
    Jones Via KO/TKO
    19.35%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Fantasy Fights!; 09-03-2011, 07:52 PM.

jake was rjj's nightmare IMO

jake wins for the same reasons i think hagler beats roy
    (see the RJJ vs Hagler thread)

jake by late round stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
      jake was rjj's nightmare IMO

jake wins for the same reasons i think hagler beats roy
      (see the RJJ vs Hagler thread)

jake by late round stoppage
      Jake LaMotta beats Jones by 15 round decision, Jake wins first 2 rounds by blitzing, Jones wins a few rounds but LaMotta hurts Jones time and again to the body and wins a unanimous decision.... If he can beat Robinson, then he's even better against trojans Baby boy.

Comment

Jake Lamotta wins, too strong and his swarming style would enable him to earn a 15 round decision

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
          Jake LaMotta beats Jones by 15 round decision, Jake wins first 2 rounds by blitzing, Jones wins a few rounds but LaMotta hurts Jones time and again to the body and wins a unanimous decision.... If he can beat Robinson, then he's even better against trojans Baby boy.
          true dat.....

Comment

I think that Roy would be too big and too fast for LaMotta. LaMotta might pull one or two out of a five fight series, but in a one-off, I'd favor Roy pretty clearly.

Comment

Young Jones didn't have any problems with his chin, so I don't see Lamotta KO him. But I think Lamotta takes the decision.

Comment

I'm not even the biggest Jones fan but i have to disagree heavily, Jones in 1993 was the version that beat Glenn Wolfe, and he was absolutely devastating. I just think Lamotta would give him too many openings and Jones (especially in those days) was simply too quick and hard to hit, especially for a shorter swarmer type. He would literally see everything coming. I definitely feel he had enough power to stop Lamotta in his tracks too. He stopped so many iron chin fighters not because he was a pure puncher, but because he was so quick that no one even seen the shots coming so it basically doubled the effect. No matter who you are, coming directly at Jones isn't the way to go (unless its back to your locker room early). You have to be tricky/mix up your attack against him the way Griffin did in the first fight. You have to show him different looks, not just one style (especially as a swarmer) or he would seriously embarrass you. Jake was tough as hell but it just wouldn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                  I'm not even the biggest Jones fan but i have to disagree heavily, Jones in 1993 was the version that beat Glenn Wolfe, and he was absolutely devastating. I just think Lamotta would give him too many openings and Jones (especially in those days) was simply too quick and hard to hit, especially for a shorter swarmer type. He would literally see everything coming. I definitely feel he had enough power to stop Lamotta in his tracks too. He stopped so many iron chin fighters not because he was a pure puncher, but because he was so quick that no one even seen the shots coming so it basically doubled the effect. No matter who you are, coming directly at Jones isn't the way to go (unless its back to your locker room early). You have to be tricky/mix up your attack against him the way Griffin did in the first fight. You have to show him different looks, not just one style (especially as a swarmer) or he would seriously embarrass you. Jake was tough as hell but it just wouldn't happen.
                  But Jake Lamotta is older!!!!!!!

Comment

Jones was unstoppable at middleweight. Too dang fast. He'd land to many punches the ref would call it. Jake would have his moments, but I got
                    Jones by decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X