Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawson should drop Scully

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scully did an awesome job with Chad......when was the last time B-Hop got KO?

Comment

scully let dawson get mad too, even though dawson said he kept his composure after the fight thats not the case. he was both mad and frustrated and hopkins kept doing little things to rile him up and it kept working, got dawson headhunting and looking for one big shot which allowed hopkins to keep the pace down. dawson got careless too at times and walked into dumb **** he shouldnt have been hit with.

above all he just should have been busier, if he stood up tall and kept his range he wouldve been able to let his hands go better bcuz hopkins wouldnt be able to reach him. chad has such great footwork and ability to punch on the move, had he stayed lighter on his feet he couldve stepped back and landed on hopkins when he charges, then step around and land in combinations. instead scully told him to plant his feet which allowed hopkins to time him, get in close and clinch further slowing down the pace.

had dawson kept hopkins at the end of the stick like steward would have him doing and stepped around more at angles i think he could have controled the pace more, landed more to the body and got off more in combinations which would all wear hopkins down.

you cant stop hopkins at a 47 year old pace, sure. but dawson had the toold to make hopkins work harder but he didnt take advantage. he still won big but i think he couldve done better.

Comment

Dawson looked as good against Hopkins as anybody could possibly look against Bernard. That's just Hopkins' style, and it has nothing to do with who's giving him water inbetween rounds. He moves a lot, he fights dirty, he limits the exchanges, he smothers your output with clinching, he leads with his head, he tricks the referee, he frustrates you : All very crafty and subtle things that make it damn near impossible for anybody to "shine" against him.

If you expected Dawson to look like a world beater against Hopkins (of ALL people) then that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          By the way, we've been waiting for Chad Dawson to go to "another level" for quite some time now. Regardless of his trainer, I just don't see it happening. He doesn't have killer instinct. At all.
          His Mars is in Libra, in astrology Mars is the aggression and assertiveness level of an individual and Mars rules Aries. Libra is the opposite of Aries which makes this placement in "detriment".

Chad's overall aggression level will never be high, or his intensity because Libra is an air sign. It's mental. Chad spends a lot of his energy thinking ,analyzing and calculating.

Jermaine Taylor also has Mars in Libra and is said to lack killer instinct. Mars in Air signs simply don't have the physical stamina or energy that a Mars in Aries or MArs in Leo have (both fire signs) Most of the Mars air signs (like floyd and Chad) make up for it by being cerebral, analytical, and adaptable.

Comment

He was already with Steward and it didn't work out there is something to say about continuity and having a trainers full time Steward is too busy with other fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Ra Amun Tehuti View Post
              His Mars is in Libra, in astrology Mars is the aggression and assertiveness level of an individual and Mars rules Aries. Libra is the opposite of Aries which makes this placement in "detriment".

Chad's overall aggression level will never be high, or his intensity because Libra is an air sign. It's mental. Chad spends a lot of his energy thinking ,analyzing and calculating.

Jermaine Taylor also has Mars in Libra and is said to lack killer instinct. Mars in Air signs simply don't have the physical stamina or energy that a Mars in Aries or MArs in Leo have (both fire signs) Most of the Mars air signs (like floyd and Chad) make up for it by being cerebral, analytical, and adaptable.
              Newsflash : You astrology thread got deleted. Do NOT try to turn this thread into a clone of that thread. The admins don't like that.

This is a boxing thread, let's stick to the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                i dont think scully gave dawson the right instructions against hopkins much of the time, dont think he had him fighting the right fight either. not bad but i think someone like steward would be better. he would have dawson keeping his range, standing tall and steppin around hopkins when he charges.

scully is a good trainer but with steward i think dawson wouldve stopped hopkins and become a better fighter in the future. dawson should use his height more and not lean forward so much or move in so close. he shouldnt be flatfooted either, dawson has such great mobility and throws combinations while on the move as good as anyone in boxing.

i think even though scully is doing a good job there are trainers out there that could take dawson to another level, if not steward he would improve greatly under floyd sr again if they could get past their diffrences.
                steward ain't shi.t

Comment

Newsflash : You astrology thread got deleted. Do NOT try to turn this thread into a clone of that thread. The admins don't like that.

This is a boxing thread, let's stick to the topic.

Yeah man, enough of this scorpio in uranus stuff.

That would hurt like a mofo i bet.

Comment

By the way, we've been waiting for Chad Dawson to go to "another level" for quite some time now. Regardless of his trainer, I just don't see it happening. He doesn't have killer instinct. At all.
                    End of Discussion...

Comment

Originally posted by Ra Amun Tehuti View Post
                      Jermaine Taylor also has Mars in Libra and is said to lack killer instinct.
                      Daniel Edouard may disagree with you...

Comment

Working...
                      X